Graphic User Interfaces Paper

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Graphic User Interfaces Paper

Post by LiamTheMacMaster on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:20 pm
([msg=72255]see Graphic User Interfaces Paper[/msg])

Please post feedback about this paper

Graphic User Interfaces

Graphic user interfaces allow humans to interact with computers in such a way we understand them. They also allow us to interact with pictures/icons instead of text. Graphic User interfaces can be used in computer and Handheld devices such as MP3 players and Portable gaming devices.
A GUI represents the information available to a user through icons. The term GUI is restricted to the scope of two-dimensional display screens. Graphic User Interfaces have made computer have much more friendlier interfaces. In the 1980’s and 1990’s people were scared of these big bulky objects with no easy interface to navigate their way through the operating systems.
By having these GUI’s it has defined the cyberspace (the world of computers). Steve Jobs helped promote these interfaces in his computers by incorporating them into his operating systems. Eventually not long after other tech giants did the same, which eventually led to computers being easy to use. Graphic User Interfaces caused the technology business to boom
LiamTheMacMaster
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Graphic User Interfaces Paper

Post by -Ninjex- on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 pm
([msg=72259]see Re: Graphic User Interfaces Paper[/msg])

LiamTheMacMaster wrote:Please post feedback about this paper

Graphic User Interfaces

Graphic user interfaces allow humans to interact with computers in such a way we understand them. They also allow us to interact with pictures/icons instead of text. Graphic User interfaces can be used in computer and Handheld devices such as MP3 players and Portable gaming devices.
A GUI represents the information available to a user through icons. The term GUI is restricted to the scope of two-dimensional display screens. Graphic User Interfaces have made computer have much more friendlier interfaces. In the 1980’s and 1990’s people were scared of these big bulky objects with no easy interface to navigate their way through the operating systems.
By having these GUI’s it has defined the cyberspace (the world of computers). Steve Jobs helped promote these interfaces in his computers by incorporating them into his operating systems. Eventually not long after other tech giants did the same, which eventually led to computers being easy to use. Graphic User Interfaces caused the technology business to boom

Sorry if anyone gets offended, but here we go:
GUI - Graphical User Interface - It's pretty, but not as efficient; I think of dumb blondes.
CLI - Command Line Interface - Not so pretty, but efficient and effective; The succesful.

Beside all of that nonsense 'mumbo jumbo' I poted above, I feel the information was a good read, and hit on point.
Spreading knowledge just once a day, can help keep the script kiddies away ⠠⠵
no_hope if world.map{|person, ic = 0| ic +=1 if ignorance.include?(person)}.compact.length > (world.length / 2)
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by centip3de on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:11 pm
([msg=72262]see Re: Graphic User Interfaces Paper[/msg])

LiamTheMacMaster wrote:Please post feedback about this paper

Graphic User Interfaces

Well, since you asked for it... Feedback:
1. That's not a paper. That's 3 wimpy paragraphs
2. DOS would beg to differ... For essentially all of that.
3. What's up with the weird capitalized letters throughout the "paper"?
4. Your sentences are either too short, or too long.
5. If this is a paper, then you need to include sources. Cite, cite, cite, cite.
6. Humans could understand computers just fine before GUI's, the only thing that GUI's did was make it so that lazy people didn't have to read or type as much.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by mookalovesgloop on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:35 pm
([msg=72265]see Re: Graphic User Interfaces Paper[/msg])

peace...

i promise i'm not usually a grammar nazi, but if this is something you seriously have to turn in for credit...can i help you clean it up just a little bit? :oops:

" Graphic user interfaces allow humans to interact with computers more easily. They allow us to interact with pictures/icons instead of text. Graphic user interfaces can be used in computer and handheld devices such as MP3 players and portable gaming devices.
A GUI presents the information available to a user through icons. The term GUI is restricted to the scope of two-dimensional display screens. graphic user interfaces have made computer use much more user-friendly. In the 1980’s and 1990’s people were scared of big bulky objects which had no easy interface to help them navigate their way through the operating systems.
Computers with GUIs have defined cyberspace (the world of computers). Steve Jobs helped promote these interfaces in his computers by incorporating them into his operating systems. Not long after, other tech giants did the same. This led to computers being easy to use. Graphic User Interfaces caused the technology business to boom."

and don't forget to indent all your paragraphs!

blessings
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Post by centip3de on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 pm
([msg=72269]see Re: Graphic User Interfaces Paper[/msg])

mookalovesgloop wrote:peace...

i promise i'm not usually a grammar nazi, but if this is something you seriously have to turn in for credit...can i help you clean it up just a little bit? :oops:

Let me fix your grammar:

What It Should Be wrote:A graphical user interfaces (GUI) allows humans to interact with computers more easily through pictures and icons, instead of text. A GUI can be used in both computer and handheld devices such as MP3 players, and portable gaming devices. They have made computers much more user-friendly, in comparison to the earlier iterations of the computer. In the 1980’s and 1990’s people were scared of the big bulky objects with no easy interface to help them navigate their way around the operating systems. Following the success of the incorporation of GUIs into Steve Jobs operating system's, other tech giants soon implemented GUIs as well. This led to our contemporary computers being much easier to use, and caused the technology business to boom.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by LiamTheMacMaster on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:21 pm
([msg=72271]see Re: Graphic User Interfaces Paper[/msg])

Thank you for the comments!!!
LiamTheMacMaster
New User
New User

Post by mookalovesgloop on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:16 pm
([msg=72349]see Re: Graphic User Interfaces Paper[/msg])

centip3de wrote:
mookalovesgloop wrote:peace...

Let me fix your grammar:

What It Should Be wrote:A graphical user interfaces (GUI) allows humans to interact with computers more easily through pictures and icons, instead of text. A GUI can be used in both computer and handheld devices such as MP3 players, and portable gaming devices. They have made computers much more user-friendly, in comparison to the earlier iterations of the computer. In the 1980’s and 1990’s people were scared of the big bulky objects with no easy interface to help them navigate their way around the operating systems. Following the success of the incorporation of GUIs into Steve Jobs operating system's, other tech giants soon implemented GUIs as well. This led to our contemporary computers being much easier to use, and caused the technology business to boom.

even better indeed! i was hesitant to go all out just because i'm not sure of his age/grade level...i still wanted it to reflect op's writing style and skill level...take it from a person who used to write papers for school buddies back in high school as a side hustle...if you suddenly walk in with a polished, a+ paper and you typically submit b/c/d writing, the ptb WILL notice

but still, yours was definitely more succinct and smooth :mrgreen:

peace and blessings
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Return to General