Help!!

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Help!!

Post by jake1234hi on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:49 pm
([msg=72165]see Help!![/msg])

So i was doing a bit of sql when i came apon a website [Removed URL] when i did the old 'or' '=' it said security breach has been sent to support team then it had my ip at the bottom of the screen. Is this real. Or is it just a warning sign. Also im not a black hacker i just let the owner of the site know how to fix it. Please help me im freaking out
jake1234hi
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Help!!

Post by Fehk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:02 am
([msg=72166]see Re: Help!![/msg])

You better not be a black hacker, 卐 WHITE POWER 卐 !

(I'm not a racist, I was just kidding because i find your terminology amusing, it's black hat hacking, not black hacking)

The warning sounds real enough... Anyway, all you can do is contact the webmaster. I would suggest trying to get his number via mail and then call him/them, it makes it more personal, to eliminate the chance of him/them reporting you or suing (for attempted theft or hacking). Black, grey or white, all that matters is proof and your explanation. Work on one.
Fehk
New User
New User

Post by jake1234hi on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:20 am
([msg=72168]see Re: Help!![/msg])

Thanks, i guess your right lets pray for the best. And srry i do mean black hat hacker hahaha.
jake1234hi
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:48 am
([msg=72169]see Re: Help!![/msg])

jake1234hi wrote:Thanks, i guess your right lets pray for the best. And srry i do mean black hat hacker hahaha.

It sounds like more of a threat to get hackers to think twice.
In all honesty, the chances of them pursuing a case against you is very slim.
If you did nothing to hurt their infrastructure, then they will shrug it off, but if you did breach their site and do something, that is another story.

I think you will be fine!

p.s.
Next time you go around poking your SQLi "thingy" into the glory hole of websites out there, add a bit of security such as proxies.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by Fehk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:05 am
([msg=72170]see Re: Help!![/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:
jake1234hi wrote:Thanks, i guess your right lets pray for the best. And srry i do mean black hat hacker hahaha.

It sounds like more of a threat to get hackers to think twice.
In all honesty, the chances of them pursuing a case against you is very slim.
If you did nothing to hurt their infrastructure, then they will shrug it off, but if you did breach their site and do something, that is another story.

I think you will be fine!

p.s.
Next time you go around poking your SQLi "thingy" into the glory hole of websites out there, add a bit of security such as proxies.

and here I was trying to scare him a bit :D
Fehk
New User
New User

Return to General