Security Class bonus points, help?

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Security Class bonus points, help?

Post by spiritseekerpsp on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:50 pm
([msg=71414]see Security Class bonus points, help?[/msg])

Hey everyone! :) I just joined HTS, and can't wait to start on the tests. I'm currently enrolled in a Network Security course as part of my major, and my instructor is giving us bonus points for various shenanigans we can perform. Since I'd like a jump start on this, and we're only in Week 1, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas to share? I'm not looking to become some script-kiddie, I'm just new to this side of networking.

Here is our labs info:

We're on an "island", connected to the internet through a separate server than the rest of the college.
We have our own domain controller with RDP enabled, and all of us have been made Domain Admins. The one disallowed practice is disabling or deleting other user accounts. We all have our profiles stored on the DC downloaded to the comp when we log in. We're all running Windows 7. We are free to bring in programs, but all the PCs have antivirus on them.
spiritseekerpsp
New User
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Security Class bonus points, help?

Post by limdis on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:58 pm
([msg=71415]see Re: Security Class bonus points, help?[/msg])

Oh this sounds fun. Start with trolling the entire class and force redirect all traffic to http://www.heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com/
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
User avatar
limdis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Security Class bonus points, help?

Post by bwnihilanth on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:38 pm
([msg=71509]see Re: Security Class bonus points, help?[/msg])

If your instructor likes to use powerpoint you could probably have some fun inserting humorous pictures and such. Also, if you use mac or linux you could some funny shit with text to speech and have it run every 5 minutes or something with crontab. Really, think of something funny, anything at all that you'd be willing to expose your class to, and let loose.
bwnihilanth
New User
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:32 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Security Class bonus points, help?

Post by WallShadow on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:12 pm
([msg=71514]see Re: Security Class bonus points, help?[/msg])

bwnihilanth wrote:Also, if you use mac or linux you could some funny shit with text to speech and have it run every 5 minutes or something with crontab.


Oo! Don't limit it to just mac and linux, Windows also has a text to speech API. There's just an infinite amount of fun you can have with text to speech. Maybe make all the rooted computers speak a "WARNING: virus detected" thing all at once, scare the life out of everyone :D
User avatar
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Security Class bonus points, help?

Post by cyber-maniac on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:54 pm
([msg=71526]see Re: Security Class bonus points, help?[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:
bwnihilanth wrote:Also, if you use mac or linux you could some funny shit with text to speech and have it run every 5 minutes or something with crontab.


Oo! Don't limit it to just mac and linux, Windows also has a text to speech API. There's just an infinite amount of fun you can have with text to speech. Maybe make all the rooted computers speak a "WARNING: virus detected" thing all at once, scare the life out of everyone :D


Or "Warning: My Milkshake Brings All the Boys to the Yard" :twisted: :mrgreen:
cyber-maniac
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:13 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Security Class bonus points, help?

Post by tuxtheevilpenguin on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:02 pm
([msg=71566]see Re: Security Class bonus points, help?[/msg])

If you really want to work at it, I always thought if would be fun to make the paperclip from windows ME or NT (don't remeber which one) pop up on everyones screen with a message like "It appers like you are trying to hack it to CIA servers, would you like some help?"
tuxtheevilpenguin
New User
New User
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:05 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Security Class bonus points, help?

Post by pretentious on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:47 am
([msg=71589]see Re: Security Class bonus points, help?[/msg])

this thread has reminded me to try that text to speech stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAI8S2houW4
9:30
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
User avatar
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Security Class bonus points, help?

Post by Cerebral Bore on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:02 pm
([msg=71684]see Re: Security Class bonus points, help?[/msg])

Network Security + windows 7 ???? lol

you do know by default theirs about 45 per installed spyware apps in windows 7 right ? meaning no security in windows 7.

thing phones home right left and center just like everything micro $oft makes.
might wana think about Linux and or sadly winxp that still overall better on the Network Security topic as far as im considered if your lock is down to the max errr at lest on the privacy topic.

man gui useless in win7 :\

still need community SP4 for winxp though.
User avatar
Cerebral Bore
New User
New User
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Security Class bonus points, help?

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:19 pm
([msg=71687]see Re: Security Class bonus points, help?[/msg])

Cerebral Bore wrote:Network Security + windows 7 ???? lol

you do know by default theirs about 45 per installed spyware apps in windows 7 right ? meaning no security in windows 7.

thing phones home right left and center just like everything micro $oft makes.
might wana think about Linux and or sadly winxp that still overall better on the Network Security topic as far as im considered if your lock is down to the max errr at lest on the privacy topic.

man gui useless in win7 :\

still need community SP4 for winxp though.

You are absolutely worthless. Nothing you just said (or have ever said) made any sense.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
User avatar
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Security Class bonus points, help?

Post by Cerebral Bore on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:46 pm
([msg=71689]see Re: Security Class bonus points, help?[/msg])

and the fun starts ^^

fashizzlepop: You are absolutely worthless. Nothing you just said (or have ever said) made any sense.


really what part O_o or are you saying you didn't know :O)

source
source2
User avatar
Cerebral Bore
New User
New User
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)



Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests