Question about an Encrypted File

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Question about an Encrypted File

Post by WaRHerO on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:55 am
([msg=71094]see Question about an Encrypted File[/msg])

I encrypted some files and documents a while back using the Properties, advanced then encrypting them. The problem is I re-installed my OS with out backing up my credentials. I tried to search my formated HD for the credentials but had no luck. I don't know how to hack into this type of encryption. Is there anyone that can Provide me Step by Step instructions to get these file sun encrypted? I'm willing to pay if I'm successful. PM me or Email me at Deity_the_great17@yahoo.com and let me know if you can help. Thanks
WaRHerO
WaRHerO
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Question about an Encrypted File

Post by Shade_of_Gray on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 am
([msg=71097]see Re: Question about an Encrypted File[/msg])

Using which OS?
Shade_of_Gray
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by centip3de on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:51 pm
([msg=71101]see Re: Question about an Encrypted File[/msg])

WaRHerO wrote:I encrypted some files and documents a while back using the Properties, advanced then encrypting them. The problem is I re-installed my OS with out backing up my credentials. I tried to search my formated HD for the credentials but had no luck. I don't know how to hack into this type of encryption. Is there anyone that can Provide me Step by Step instructions to get these file sun encrypted? I'm willing to pay if I'm successful. PM me or Email me at Deity_the_great17@yahoo.com and let me know if you can help. Thanks
WaRHerO

You gave us no information to go off at all. You didn't say the OS, you didn't say the type of encryption, and you didn't say exactly how you went about trying to "search your formated HD". We need more information than that.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by not_essence2 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:44 pm
([msg=71105]see Re: Question about an Encrypted File[/msg])

I'm guessing a regular Windows user, using the basic Search in the start menu, using whatever is the standard encryption on Windows folder encryption. According to what I've seen, that is my best guess.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by Shade_of_Gray on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:05 pm
([msg=71112]see Re: Question about an Encrypted File[/msg])

So probably EFS on Windows XP or 2000:

http://netsecurity.about.com/od/quicktips/qt/efs.htm

Wikipedia has some information here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encrypting_File_System

If the credentials are still on your hard drive, you may have some luck with this program:

http://www.crackpassword.com/aefsdrn.html

Otherwise, say if they've been overwritten, you probably won't.
Shade_of_Gray
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by WaRHerO on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:44 pm
([msg=71329]see Re: Question about an Encrypted File[/msg])

Sorry the OS im using is Windows 7 Ulimate. The method of Encryption was the standard encryption by using windows. The credentials i tried looking for was not found using a software called recover my files. The method of encryption which is the standard windows encryption uses credentials. thats the best way to explain it. the files is some important images and documents i really need.
WaRHerO
New User
New User

Return to General