Anybody else have problems with Kaspersky?

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Anybody else have problems with Kaspersky?

Post by hellow533 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:36 am
([msg=70463]see Anybody else have problems with Kaspersky?[/msg])

I had to uninstall it and reinstall Pc tools. My windows 7 system got jacked the hell up after switching to kaspersky, and things went back to normal after using pc tools again and doing a restore to a few days ago.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Anybody else have problems with Kaspersky?

Post by mShred on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:33 am
([msg=70465]see Re: Anybody else have problems with Kaspersky?[/msg])

Two things to say to that. 1. Ha @ you having to use antivirus. 2. Anyone real expert wouldn't have needed to go through and restore their system. They would have been able to fix the problem...
/bash

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by hellow533 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:38 pm
([msg=70474]see Re: Anybody else have problems with Kaspersky?[/msg])

^Ha @ you, I did fix the problem.. By restoring the system. Why spend a few hours to do a few minutes work? I didn't lose anything.
“Teach me how to hack!”
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by NoviceBlackout on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:42 pm
([msg=70485]see Re: Anybody else have problems with Kaspersky?[/msg])

calm down ladies
NoviceBlackout
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:52 pm
([msg=70486]see Re: Anybody else have problems with Kaspersky?[/msg])

NoviceBlackout wrote:calm down ladies

Never.
hellow533 wrote:By restoring the system. Why spend a few hours to do a few minutes work? I didn't lose anything.

I was in a fight with my girlfriend, so I killed her. I figured that would be the best way to end the fight rather than trying to dissect the problem and figure out a beneficial resolution. Because I'm the 1337 hellow.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by hellow533 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:49 pm
([msg=70487]see Re: Anybody else have problems with Kaspersky?[/msg])

That makes no sense and is not related at all. More like, instead of spending years of finding a cure for my girlfriend, I used my already built time machine to go back 3 days and make sure she didn't get the disease in the first place.

But I see what you mean, I should have wasted precious time, which we as humans have so little of, trying to find the problem using a less effective and more time consuming method. Because that's what the l33t mshread would have done.
“Teach me how to hack!”
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mShred on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:49 pm
([msg=70489]see Re: Anybody else have problems with Kaspersky?[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:I should have wasted precious time, which we as humans have so little of, trying to find the problem using a less effective and more time consuming method. Because that's what the l33t mshread would have done.

Oh you mean the time that you use to harass HTS newbies because it makes you think you are any better than them. Mr. "My profile rank = master". Yeah.. You really are 1337 hello355. But what do I know? I'm just mshread, right?
/interweb-bitchslap

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by hellow533 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:04 pm
([msg=70490]see Re: Anybody else have problems with Kaspersky?[/msg])

mShred wrote:Oh you mean the time that you use to harass HTS newbies because it makes you think you are any better than them. Mr. "My profile rank = master". Yeah.. You really are 1337 hello355. But what do I know? I'm just mshread, right?
/interweb-bitchslap

It is time much better spent, and it's not like I have "mod" being advertized in my signature when it's listed TWICE next to my name. You are much more 1337 than I am though, Mr. mod. But I did work for those and am proud of them. Instead of harassing me, why not actually give an on-topic response to the thread. Have you actually had any problems with kaspersky?

Also, you must be a democrat.
“Teach me how to hack!”
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by centip3de on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:51 pm
([msg=70500]see Re: Anybody else have problems with Kaspersky?[/msg])

What the actual fuck is going on around here? It seems like there's some sort of inter-personal conflict here, but discussing it publicly on the forums is not the best place to do it. If you guys want to insult each other, go for it, but just do it through PM's, don't bring shit like this up on the forums where there's no business for it.

mShred - First off, you're a mod. You're supposed to be the voice of reason. You're supposed to be the one who calms others down. You're supposed to be the one other's look up to. You're supposed to be the role model for the entire community. If some newbie comes here and see's this, do you think they're going to want to stick around in a place that looks like the mod's pick on those that know less than them? No. They're just going to think we're a bunch of assholes. Secondly, chill, there's no reason to go all crazy on someone for (seemingly) no reason. If there is a reason, discuss it with them privately, so this community doesn't look like a bunch of assholes. <3

hellow533 - First off, you're talking to a mod. As such, you should give them respect, even if they don't give you any back. If you have a conflict with a mod, talk to them in a PM and try to work it out. If you're still having a problem with them, talk to another mod, or with Kage to get this resolved. Also, you've been here long enough to know that mShred doesn't actually go around berating people randomly, and that he usually knows his shit. So, if he randomly comes at you like this (or any other mod for that matter), realize that it's out of the usual, and don't feed it. Secondly, chill.

Now, onto the actual topic here:

hellow533 wrote:I had to uninstall it and reinstall Pc tools. My windows 7 system got jacked the hell up after switching to kaspersky, and things went back to normal after using pc tools again and doing a restore to a few days ago.

Is it possible that you:

Installed the wrong version?
Installed a Trojan instead of the actual anti-virus?
Uninstalled important system files in the process of uninstalling PC tools?
Got a virus when transitioning to Kaspersky?
Did PC tools flip a bitch randomly and go crazy, and that's why you had to reinstall it?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by mShred on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:04 pm
([msg=70503]see Re: Anybody else have problems with Kaspersky?[/msg])

Very true.. I suppose the horseplay was well overdid. But I do stand by what I was initially saying: It'd do more good to actual look into the problem rather than going the easy way. Yeah your way was easy and efficient but it was just that, the easy way. You probably installed Kaspersky in hopes of using it, so why not try to fix the problem internally? I suppose that's more of an opinionated way to look at it.
@cent, +2.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to General