Looking for coders to work a project together

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Looking for coders to work a project together

Post by siewyao on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 am
([msg=70021]see Looking for coders to work a project together[/msg])

Not sure where to post this, so I post here first, if not so proper, I move to another board later.

I have few ideas in my head now, purposes and aims are quite clear, I've even thought of how to make direct $ from it, but I'm very weak at putting them into action for lacking of related tech knowledges and skills, I was intended to work it out on my own, from scratch like learning basic coding and stuff... but I'm opting to go crowdsourcing way, something like open source and foundation like linux and firefox did.

Anyway, right now I'm thinking of building a new web browser, which is more content/user orientated, also integrating with OS more seamlessly(I've aware security issues already).
for some function examples:

Every page loaded is only "content" showing but nothing else. (No ads, related stories...)
the navigation bar and site menu is integrated into another web browser's function bar and drop menu.

Social share is also another bar of browser, thus not showing in page layout, users can customly set which networks to share with one click not through some service providers(which sometimes is unreliable), I believe this will speed up a whole lot more.

Users can change preferred layout template style(css...), like enlarged text, color contrast on browser end.

Here I only try to illustrate some really simple application, you may say these things are already done by chrome extensions/firefox add on, flipboard, google news, google reader, facebook page...
That's true, but I'm only trying to provide to the world a more organized, clear solution/package.

There are whole lot more ideas that has been developed in my head for some time, I do believe I'm trying to build a workflow that is something new and more efficient, but involved some other aspects like server, OS, search engine, market and profit model, legal issues... I hope to find some like-minded here, I'm sure to provide my ideas in more details and as a whole picture with systematic logic/architectural blueprints. If anyone is ever interested, I'll try to post more visual mockups. Thank you hackers!
siewyao
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Looking for coders to work a project together

Post by Assassian360 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:43 am
([msg=70022]see Re: Looking for coders to work a project together[/msg])

http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os
and:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome_OS

Just saying. Hope it works out for you if you continue working further on the project.
Assassian360
Poster
Poster

Re: Looking for coders to work a project together

Post by centip3de on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:16 pm
([msg=70038]see Re: Looking for coders to work a project together[/msg])

siewyao wrote:Not sure where to post this, so I post here first, if not so proper, I move to another board later.

I have few ideas in my head now, purposes and aims are quite clear, I've even thought of how to make direct $ from it, but I'm very weak at putting them into action for lacking of related tech knowledges and skills, I was intended to work it out on my own, from scratch like learning basic coding and stuff... but I'm opting to go crowdsourcing way, something like open source and foundation like linux and firefox did.

Anyway, right now I'm thinking of building a new web browser, which is more content/user orientated, also integrating with OS more seamlessly(I've aware security issues already).
for some function examples:

Every page loaded is only "content" showing but nothing else. (No ads, related stories...)
the navigation bar and site menu is integrated into another web browser's function bar and drop menu.

Social share is also another bar of browser, thus not showing in page layout, users can customly set which networks to share with one click not through some service providers(which sometimes is unreliable), I believe this will speed up a whole lot more.

Users can change preferred layout template style(css...), like enlarged text, color contrast on browser end.

Here I only try to illustrate some really simple application, you may say these things are already done by chrome extensions/firefox add on, flipboard, google news, google reader, facebook page...
That's true, but I'm only trying to provide to the world a more organized, clear solution/package.

There are whole lot more ideas that has been developed in my head for some time, I do believe I'm trying to build a workflow that is something new and more efficient, but involved some other aspects like server, OS, search engine, market and profit model, legal issues... I hope to find some like-minded here, I'm sure to provide my ideas in more details and as a whole picture with systematic logic/architectural blueprints. If anyone is ever interested, I'll try to post more visual mockups. Thank you hackers!

Because most of these can be already solved with a simple plugin, why not just write a plugin that combines them all, instead of writing a browser from scratch? Trust me, browsers a bitches to code, you don't want to go about writing your own unless you absolutely have to. And if you still want to make a custom browser, why not just steal Firefox or Chromium and edit the code? They're both 100% open source, and it'd be way easier than having to do it yourself. Either way, good luck with your idea!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to General