[Explained] How To Hide Your Digital Identity [Explained]

General technological topics without their own forum go here

[Explained] How To Hide Your Digital Identity [Explained]

Post by frogmode620 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:03 am
([msg=69460]see [Explained] How To Hide Your Digital Identity [Explained][/msg])

Eat yourself up before someone else eats you. Proving this adage right we have done this rough research on being anonymous online. I doubt anyone can be more silent than this. Read out to find out. If you still get knocked then hard luck.

Download Full Paper -
Code: Select all
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/130377721/How-To-Hide-Your-Digital-Identity-Online

Download Presentation -
Code: Select all
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/130378760/How-To-Be-Anonymous-Online

I am newbibe in this security field, but i have tried my best. Negative suggestions will be also warmly accepted. Thank you.
frogmode620
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: [Explained] How To Hide Your Digital Identity [Explained]

Post by limdis on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:17 am
([msg=69463]see Re: [Explained] How To Hide Your Digital Identity [Explained][/msg])

Welcome to HTS and +1 for the find. I've skimmed through it and so far it looks to be like a good read. I'll comment more on this once I've had a chance to go over it in depth.

To anyone interested you don't need to download the files to view them
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by frogmode620 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:37 am
([msg=69467]see Re: [Explained] How To Hide Your Digital Identity [Explained][/msg])

Thank you so much moderator....yes it took lot of time for detailed data gathering..so its complete now...and hope you will like whole the article..waiting for your comment.
frogmode620
New User
New User

Post by Springynull on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:29 pm
([msg=69471]see Re: [Explained] How To Hide Your Digital Identity [Explained][/msg])

Wow this is great!!!
I thoroughly liked the presentation of this topic.
It will be quite useful.
:)
Springy has sprung into the chat!
Springynull
New User
New User

Post by frogmode620 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:37 pm
([msg=69476]see Re: [Explained] How To Hide Your Digital Identity [Explained][/msg])

Thankx...Presentation is for just overview if someone nt interested to read whole document then he or she will read presentation if he or she want to take interest in that then...the whole paper is available for them...
frogmode620
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:09 pm
([msg=69491]see Re: [Explained] How To Hide Your Digital Identity [Explained][/msg])

Alright here is my review of the full document.

Cons first so we end on a good note:
- There doesn't seem to be a set target audience. For 80% of the document it is clear that the reader should already know some of the basics. For example; some terminology was used without explanation as to what it was, assuming that the reader already has an idea of what is being presented. Which in a way is nice. However, that should probably be stated in the introduction. As for the other 20% I got the impression of the complete opposite. It was as if reading a seriously presented topic then out of nowhere there were these comments that gave it a 'high school skiddie' feel with some dummy explanations.
- Remove the vulgarity.
- Section X. Alternate Device Connection. No! No! No! Just after comprehensively covering VPNs it goes right into using your neighbors network as "the best way to hide your ass" No!
- Physical destruction of devices really doesn't need an entire section with pictures. Just reference it and maybe a couple of methods is all that is needed to cover that.
- The last fourth of the document or so felt rushed and got a little sloppy.

Pros:
- Despite the cons there was clearly an exuberant amount of research done! To me this is the most important part and because of this, this document is entirely worth the read. I took a lot of notes while going over it and personally gave me some items that I need to conduct some of my own research on.
- +1 for covering Google Tracking that well
- +1 for referencing Darik's Boot and Nuke
- Sources/Tools were listed and linked to original host locations for safe downloading.
- Despite English not being the primary language of the author it was written well enough to overlook any grammar mistakes.

Conclusion:
I think the document needs some revision and rewritten for better organization and flow. Still a great read due to the amount of information presented! Again the research that went into writing this impressed me. That being said, even with the fairly long list of complaints I still have to give it a high rating.
8/10
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by frogmode620 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:24 pm
([msg=69501]see Re: [Explained] How To Hide Your Digital Identity [Explained][/msg])

thnx moderator..i will give this to my juniors for re-modification as i m busy in cloud security project..so will nt be able to give time..bt my juniors will surely do it.
frogmode620
New User
New User

Post by NoviceBlackout on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:58 am
([msg=69513]see Re: [Explained] How To Hide Your Digital Identity [Explained][/msg])

Is there anyway to download it without having to register as this is the sort of thing that I'd find great for reading on the train?
NoviceBlackout
New User
New User

Post by Springynull on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:20 pm
([msg=69515]see Re: [Explained] How To Hide Your Digital Identity [Explained][/msg])

There is no need to download it. You can just read it on the page. Though to answer your question there is always a way you just gotta figure it out. :D
Springy has sprung into the chat!
Springynull
New User
New User

Post by frogmode620 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:28 am
([msg=69528]see Re: [Explained] How To Hide Your Digital Identity [Explained][/msg])

Here is a collection of my all 8 quality articles and a youtube channel

= Titles =

1.Stealth Doxing
2.Encryption Methodology
3.World Website Structures & Common Admin Panels with default attacks
4.Exploiting "SQL Injection Attack" = This is nt about how to exploit with SQL injection.Its about how to prevent SQL injection with common inbuilt PHP function
5.How to be anonymous Onnline - Paper
6.How to be anonymous online - Presentation
7.The inside story - War between Google vs Yahoo Vs Facebook
8.Why exploit scanner is not helpful to us

Download Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2o0znzcjdc5m ... ticles.rar

My youtube channel also contains some of nice videos...one of the most lovable is iFrame Attack
https://www.youtube.com/user/chintangurjar/
frogmode620
New User
New User

Next

Return to General