Best VPS for UDP Flood?

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Best VPS for UDP Flood?

Post by -Ninjex- on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:45 pm
([msg=69179]see Best VPS for UDP Flood?[/msg])

Hey guys, I have been around with udp flooding from virtual private servers before.
I had two up but then they got banned extremely fast (less than a week), oddly enough one of them I had purchased from before, and it stayed up for a month.
I guess it doesn't help having perl scripts named dos.pl, ddos.pl, and dos1.pl on your vps, even if they are hidden in a bunch of other sub-directories.

Any ideas on how to keep from getting banned off of a VPS and which would one be the best to attack from?

I love learning new things about things I know, and this is good information to have, as you never know when it could come in handy.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Best VPS for UDP Flood?

Post by weekend hacker on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:42 am
([msg=69202]see Re: Best VPS for UDP Flood?[/msg])

Any type of dos is generally frowned upon in this community. This is mainly because of the lack of skill involved and is best left to the skiddies of anon(not calling them all skiddies but differentiating between those who know their shit and those who are only of use during some protests) and because around here we keep it legal.
Now if in some hypothetical situation there was a legit reason for a dos I'd advice you to never do it from any service you've payed for(and paying with someone elses money is even more frowned upon and opening yourself up to all kinds of legal actions much worse then those for a ddos) but instead use those services to discover vulnerable hosts to launch the attack from.

I see you've already done a bunch of missions in a short time so I'm sure you can find more interesting ways to get your message across.
In any case, welcome to HTS have fun and keep fighting the good fight ;)

TL;DR; less ddos, moar hax, keep it interesting, and around here.. keep it legal
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:37 am
([msg=69206]see Re: Best VPS for UDP Flood?[/msg])

weekend hacker wrote:Any type of dos is generally frowned upon in this community. This is mainly because of the lack of skill involved and is best left to the skiddies of anon(not calling them all skiddies but differentiating between those who know their shit and those who are only of use during some protests) an because around here we keep it legal, now if in some hypothetical there was a legit reason for a dos I'd advice you to never do it from any service you've payed for(and paying with someone elses money is even more frowned upon and opening yourself up to all kinds of legal actions much worse then those for a ddos) but instead use those services to discover vulnerable hosts to launch the attack from.

I see you've already done a bunch of missions in a short time so I'm sure you can find more interesting ways to get your message across.
In any case, welcome to HTS have fun and keep fighting the good fight ;)

TL;DR; less ddos, moar hax, keep it interesting, and around here.. keep it legal

I must agree with what you have said here. I know that this stuff should be simple, but this is the type of attacks that I am not so much familiar with, unlike xss, sqli, jsi, etc..

I don't think any part of a "hackers" arsenal as I will put it should be excluded from being explored and should at least be researched and discovered.

Also, I love this community so far and it's a pretty great place :)

Thanks for the replies!
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by limdis on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:15 am
([msg=69210]see Re: Best VPS for UDP Flood?[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:I don't think any part of a "hackers" arsenal as I will put it should be excluded from being explored and should at least be researched and discovered.

I agree with this 100%. I believe that in order to be well rounded you need to be able to understand a wide range of attack methods to the point of at least being able to execute them in basic form in a controlled environment. Logical and I have been researching MiTM methods a lot recently and I have found articles that state that many company network admins who allow wireless connections who claim to know what the attack is but cannot even begin to setup a mitm, let alone fully fathom how detrimental it can be for a company and someone's personal identity. So often preventative measures go overlooked and blatantly ignored due to ignorance. This could be all based on laziness, lack of fear of skiddie tools, or just simple stupidity.

However, weekend is right. Additionally, I say good on you or anyone who takes active steps to learn something new, no matter what it is. Just don't discuss intent on what you might use it for lol.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:11 pm
([msg=69215]see Re: Best VPS for UDP Flood?[/msg])

limdis wrote:
-Ninjex- wrote:I don't think any part of a "hackers" arsenal as I will put it should be excluded from being explored and should at least be researched and discovered.

I agree with this 100%. I believe that in order to be well rounded you need to be able to understand a wide range of attack methods to the point of at least being able to execute them in basic form in a controlled environment. Logical and I have been researching MiTM methods a lot recently and I have found articles that state that many company network admins who allow wireless connections who claim to know what the attack is but cannot even begin to setup a mitm, let alone fully fathom how detrimental it can be for a company and someone's personal identity. So often preventative measures go overlooked and blatantly ignored due to ignorance. This could be all based on laziness, lack of fear of skiddie tools, or just simple stupidity.

However, weekend is right. Additionally, I say good on you or anyone who takes active steps to learn something new, no matter what it is. Just don't discuss intent on what you might use it for lol.

Thanks for the words once again :D

I must say this though, I usually don't care much to explain what I use these tools / knowledge for.
I say that because in a rough chart, I would say about:
85% of it is for penetration testing which I am soon college bound for.
10% for security / defensive actions
4% for the joy of learning it even though it may be pointless
1% Other

Me learning this is head on with when I learned the "Ping of Death" even though it is out dated and doesn't work anymore, I still learned it just for the knowledge it brought forth and the joy from learning it.
By the way IPv6 is soon going to make PoD useful again; or at least for a short while I imagine.

After coming home and reading Weekend's post again, I just realized something that hit me in the face like Mike Tyson.
Thanks Weekend, as you opened up a new project for me to pen-test.

Also, limdis, congratz for learning about MiTM by the way.
If in the future you post a topic for this, I will definitely be sure to check it out!
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Return to General