Questions about the HTS missions

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Questions about the HTS missions

Post by Sl1ck_x on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:45 pm
([msg=68736]see Questions about the HTS missions[/msg])

I've been a member of this site for a little over a week now and I've already completed all of the basic missions and up to Realisitc mission 12, which I'm currently working on. Although I have recently taken a few days break from it just because I've been beasting through the missions lately. I haven't cheated however. My question(s) for you guys is, what do you think is the best way to learn from these missions? To complete them all in a row, from basic to realistic to programming ect.? How did you guys start out on your journey of being a computer whiz here at HTS?

I'm just curious as to how you guys bettered yourselves. I'm thinking about skipping the realistic missions for now and moving on to the programming part. That's what I'm interested in learning right now. My mission is to be able to read source codes like I was reading a book. When I see some of the coding on sites and I can usually tell what a lot of it is but then I'll come across built in functions that I have no clue what the programmer is doing.

It seems to me that if I'm able to read the all the coding on a site, I'll be that much more prepared for any 'mishaps' that I might come across while "exploring" the world wide web.

Also, I am currently contemplating adding some programming classes next semester but I would like to get better at programming before I step into a course.
Sl1ck_x
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Questions about the HTS missions

Post by wan26 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:58 pm
([msg=68738]see Re: Questions about the HTS missions[/msg])

I like the programming and stego missions best, even though there's a few that i've half finished. But for programming it's no harm to study from a mixture of books, online examples and tutorials on specific things, I guess you're already doing that anyway though.

And for functions in certain websites, it's beyond belief the measures they take to make sure it's confusing as hell - the most obfuscated ones seem to be related to ads and nasty stuff :]
wan26
Experienced User
Experienced User

Re: Questions about the HTS missions

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:56 pm
([msg=68742]see Re: Questions about the HTS missions[/msg])

Really it all just depends on the person. I'd say for realistic it is better to go in order. However, I've heard that programming and I think stego missions aren't ordered consecutively. I started off doing the missions and that's all I would do. After a a little while I started straying from the missions and began doing my own thing researching my interests. I'd say a few times a week I may mess around with the missions but nothing serious. It's good to inform you of what's out there.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to General