All hail Linux!

General technological topics without their own forum go here

All hail Linux!

Post by xTractatorix on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:44 pm
([msg=68662]see All hail Linux![/msg])

Im trying to prove to my friend that linux is better than windows, in particular that it is vastly more stable than windows, but for the life of me i dont know how to do it. I cant find a studie or statistic that shows that. I would really appreciate some help.
xTractatorix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: All hail Linux!

Post by centip3de on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:06 pm
([msg=68664]see Re: All hail Linux![/msg])

xTractatorix wrote:Im trying to prove to my friend that linux is better than windows, in particular that it is vastly more stable than windows, but for the life of me i dont know how to do it. I cant find a studie or statistic that shows that. I would really appreciate some help.

It would be best if you didn't go around trying to argue with everyone and force your ideals on them, it doesn't turn out well. Anyway, Window's isn't better than Linux, and Linux isn't better than Window's (generally). However, one OS is better than the other at certain things (Window's at compatibility, usability, and popularity. Linux at choice, security, customization, and community). And actually, the only reasons I could see that Linux might be more stable than Window's is because there are little to no virii made for it (not to say that there aren't any virii that can be made for it, but rather that those who make such programs would like their programs to affect the largest amount of users (Window's)), and the fact that there are more constant updates for Linux, so issues that are reported get fixed faster (i.e. if something causes the computer to crash after 10 minutes, within the next day, if not the next few hours, a patch should be available to fix it).
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Re: All hail Linux!

Post by tremor77 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:37 pm
([msg=68693]see Re: All hail Linux![/msg])

instigate flame war....... NOW :o

Mac > Linux > Windows - so suck it.

The above statement does not actually reflect tremor's opinion, it is simply trolling.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Return to General