Im back...Aain :D

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Im back...Aain :D

Post by xTractatorix on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:03 pm
([msg=68628]see Im back...Aain :D[/msg])

Well seeing as i haven't posted anything latly, its about time i do.
So ive finally gotten my website up withe php script to capture ip address, but now really would like to know something. What ports allow for remote acess to a computer, when i refer to remote access i mean being able to see/manipulate files on that computer. Can any port be used for this or is there a certain port needed, or is a program used for this?
xTractatorix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Im back...Aain :D

Post by centip3de on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:45 pm
([msg=68629]see Re: Im back...Aain :D[/msg])

xTractatorix wrote:Well seeing as i haven't posted anything latly, its about time i do.
So ive finally gotten my website up withe php script to capture ip address, but now really would like to know something. What ports allow for remote acess to a computer, when i refer to remote access i mean being able to see/manipulate files on that computer. Can any port be used for this or is there a certain port needed, or is a program used for this?

*Again

Any port can be used for anything, as long as it isn't currently in use. However, connecting to a port is useless unless a program is running that is listening for traffic on that port.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by WallShadow on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 pm
([msg=68630]see Re: Im back...Aain :D[/msg])

Once you get a malicious program on the target computer, you can use any port what so ever to transfer commands, files, info, etc. Other than that, the only other method is to exploit something running under an existing port which is quite rare. Rarely, you will find a server or computer with a publicly writable directory which you can access with the FTP protocol, I forget the port for that though.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by centip3de on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:30 am
([msg=68633]see Re: Im back...Aain :D[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:Other than that, the only other method is to exploit something running under an existing port which is quite rare.

Wut? It's actually pretty common that people are running services on a port that have a known exploit (i.e. Metasploit).
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by ghost107 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:50 am
([msg=68636]see Re: Im back...Aain :D[/msg])

You could try to read about Shells, and Reverse Shells.
Netcat is a good tool or you could program you're own Shell.
ghost107
Poster
Poster

Return to General