Javascript Injections not working

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Javascript Injections not working

Post by blenderking on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:18 am
([msg=67960]see Javascript Injections not working[/msg])

I am relatively new to JS but I have a bit of html and batch/cmd stuff under my belt, but my Java Script Injections won't work. I tried in Chrome, IE, and Firefox. (They never have worked for me) I clear out the URL bar and paste the javascript and nothing happens, or it says that windows can't find _________. I have even tried making an html page with a link and the URL of the link was the java script injection, I went to the page and dragged and dropped the link into my book marks bar went back to Basic 5 (the one I'm STILL on because of JS not working) and tried to click on the link in the book marks bar and it still wouldn't work. I watched several youtube videos after I couldn't get it to work, and I was doing it the exact same way they were, so I don't think I'm doing it wrong but I read that for some reason in later versions of firefox you can't do them. Is it true? I use chrome, I just used firefox to test it but can you not do them in chrome or IE either? ANy ideas? (I'm pretty sure i have the latest verious of the browsers by the way)
blenderking
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Javascript Injections not working

Post by centip3de on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:27 am
([msg=67965]see Re: Javascript Injections not working[/msg])

blenderking wrote:I am relatively new to JS but I have a bit of html and batch/cmd stuff under my belt, but my Java Script Injections won't work. I tried in Chrome, IE, and Firefox. (They never have worked for me) I clear out the URL bar and paste the javascript and nothing happens, or it says that windows can't find _________. I have even tried making an html page with a link and the URL of the link was the java script injection, I went to the page and dragged and dropped the link into my book marks bar went back to Basic 5 (the one I'm STILL on because of JS not working) and tried to click on the link in the book marks bar and it still wouldn't work. I watched several youtube videos after I couldn't get it to work, and I was doing it the exact same way they were, so I don't think I'm doing it wrong but I read that for some reason in later versions of firefox you can't do them. Is it true? I use chrome, I just used firefox to test it but can you not do them in chrome or IE either? ANy ideas? (I'm pretty sure i have the latest verious of the browsers by the way)

When going through the URL bar, does your code look like this?

Code: Select all
javascript: -javascript code here-
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by anarchy420x on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:28 am
([msg=67966]see Re: Javascript Injections not working[/msg])

Dig through the forums. There is a solution to this in there. Search javascript, or look through my posts.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by mShred on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:30 pm
([msg=67967]see Re: Javascript Injections not working[/msg])

It's not that there is a solution, you should try checking your syntax. A few browsers require special steps in order to perform queries from the URL, I know Firefox does. But as long as your syntax is correct, you'll be fine in other browsers.
Code: Select all
javascript:alert(document.cookie);

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to General