What recourse is there against a little skiddy beotch?

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Re: What recourse is there against a little skiddy beotch?

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:25 pm
([msg=67944]see Re: What recourse is there against a little skiddy beotch?[/msg])

Hey Tremor, wuz up? Anyway you would be able to get your server address changed? If the kid is being this much of a d-bag perhaps this is a route. I know isp companies can reassign addresses with good reason. This sounds like a plausible one to me. I'm not sure of your setup so this may not be an option. IP tables sounds like the way to go. You could just go black for like a week straight and play on other servers. Thus giving the impression that you have shut yours down and hope the fuck finds another server to fuck with in the mean time.

Never played minecraft so I'm just going by pc games I've played. I'd imagine by going through proxies his ping can't be all that great. Anyway to filter out high pings to the game server?
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by WallShadow on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:09 pm
([msg=67945]see Re: What recourse is there against a little skiddy beotch?[/msg])

I'm all for helping Tremor, but these are all temporary solutions. Something has to be done about the kid or he'll just keep doing this shit to other people, and I kind of doubt that the next guy will be as ingenious as Tremor here.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:48 pm
([msg=67946]see Re: What recourse is there against a little skiddy beotch?[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:I'm all for helping Tremor, but these are all temporary solutions. Something has to be done about the kid or he'll just keep doing this shit to other people, and I kind of doubt that the next guy will be as ingenious as Tremor here.

I agree with what you are saying here. However, I think you may be missing the point of tremor77's last paragraph in the OP.

No matter what, this kid is gonna keep doing this until he grows up. The main issue is to get the server able to run without annoyance so people can get back to enjoying the service provided. Then decide, if anything, what you want to do from there. I'm sure you are already, but try to gain as much info as possible possibly even screen shots of the kid in the server for obvious reasons.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by anarchy420x on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:49 am
([msg=67949]see Re: What recourse is there against a little skiddy beotch?[/msg])

You could play a classic chess move. Feed him pieces until he puts himself in a trap. The question is how can we trap him? I'm not sure entirely how much control you have, so pardon me if it's not feasible as I'm just spouting an idea.

First thing you will have to do is create a ghost server. Then you need to reconcile with him saying some BS like you want to resolve this because it's hindering everyone's play experience too much, and you are going to remove the ban on his original IP address. You can leave it at that if he settles down. If you don't want to or you he's still being a prick, you can redirect his IP sending him to the ghost server.

You might be able to make the ghost server take imput from the original server feigning there being actual people in the server, but the ghost server doesn't communicate with the original server. Make sense? Might take more work and effort than you are willing to do, but it's an idea.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by centip3de on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:25 am
([msg=67964]see Re: What recourse is there against a little skiddy beotch?[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:Hey Tremor, wuz up? Anyway you would be able to get your server address changed? If the kid is being this much of a d-bag perhaps this is a route. I know isp companies can reassign addresses with good reason. This sounds like a plausible one to me. I'm not sure of your setup so this may not be an option. IP tables sounds like the way to go. You could just go black for like a week straight and play on other servers. Thus giving the impression that you have shut yours down and hope the fuck finds another server to fuck with in the mean time.

Never played minecraft so I'm just going by pc games I've played. I'd imagine by going through proxies his ping can't be all that great. Anyway to filter out high pings to the game server?

I'm voting for the high-ping route, myself. Saves all illegal actions, and will hopefully weed him out.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by mShred on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:36 pm
([msg=67969]see Re: What recourse is there against a little skiddy beotch?[/msg])

High ping? It's not the the kid is trying to DoS tremor, is he? From what I gathered, he's just getting around bans and annoying the forum up a bit. So he wouldn't be connecting from one IP more than a standard user would.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by anarchy420x on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 pm
([msg=67972]see Re: What recourse is there against a little skiddy beotch?[/msg])

Forum? I thought he was being a pain on ingame server. Ill have to reread.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by centip3de on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:01 pm
([msg=67973]see Re: What recourse is there against a little skiddy beotch?[/msg])

mShred wrote:High ping? It's not the the kid is trying to DoS tremor, is he? From what I gathered, he's just getting around bans and annoying the forum up a bit. So he wouldn't be connecting from one IP more than a standard user would.

Well yes, but generally when you go through a proxy and play a game, your ping is erroneously high.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:19 pm
([msg=67974]see Re: What recourse is there against a little skiddy beotch?[/msg])

mShred wrote:High ping? It's not the the kid is trying to DoS tremor, is he? From what I gathered, he's just getting around bans and annoying the forum up a bit. So he wouldn't be connecting from one IP more than a standard user would.

Yeah cent pretty much nailed it on the head. In tremors first post he mentioned the kid was joining through several proxies that's a way he was able to bypass being banned by ip. By several, im guessing not several at once but a different one each time he joins. Either way it should still raise his latency to the server enough to stand out.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by mShred on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:56 pm
([msg=67976]see Re: What recourse is there against a little skiddy beotch?[/msg])

anarchy420x wrote:Forum? I thought he was being a pain on ingame server. Ill have to reread.

Ah, I think I misinterpreted actually.
But as for the pings, I still don't see how routing through a proxy will seem any different than other users.. But I may be missing something here.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

PreviousNext

Return to General