Need security help!

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Need security help!

Post by udxero on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:37 am
([msg=60816]see Need security help![/msg])

Hey, i'm a freelance web programmer, and i've ran into a few people stealing my code, and some just taking off without paying me.. So i'm setting up some of my own security measures, they work like a charm...

Right now, i have a script, and i need to see how secure it really is, i need someone to try and hack it, It's not illegal, i own the site, and theres really nothing on the site to begin with lol!

Any way, the site is

123diet.net

It's one of my sites. There area few just like that, that site is for 1 of the few people i'm teaching how to code, so if you do manage to get in just tell me what the title of the site is.. It will be trainees name

( there is no personal information on that site besides mine, which is my email and my phone number )

I'm not asking for you to tell me what the site passwords are, i'm just wanting you to tell me the title of the page once you get in..

If for some reason, you don't feel that i am telling the truth and this is actually my site, let me know, and i'll add a file with whatever you text to the site so that way you can be assured..

something like

123diet.net/Hackthissite.php
or w/e.. :)

Thanx in advance =P

edit:

For my security, i removed my personall information, and the students FTP Login information -.-' I almost forgot about that lol Any way, so NOW there is nothing on there of importance =P
udxero
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Need security help!

Post by mShred on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:00 pm
([msg=60827]see Re: Need security help![/msg])

We do need proof that this site is in fact yours before we can test on it.
I also realized that you took everything from the site out. Like everything. And just left the home page.
For those about to hack, I salute you.
teehee
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by tremor77 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:19 pm
([msg=60830]see Re: Need security help![/msg])

TBH if you are a "Web Programmer" then no one should be able to steal your code because you'd be using PHP or ASP which are server side processed and only displayed in source code as HTML.

If instead you are a website designer, sorry to burst your bubble but anything that you write in HTML or Javascript has ALREADY BEEN DONE A BAZILLION TIMES OVER and is available on a zillion different cut n' paste code sites.

Then you tell us you have a script and you want to see how secure it is... well what is this script, and what does it do? Visiting your site all I see is a standard-been-done a million times login form. That is very secure just FYI as it is a form post to itself and there is nothing at all hackable about it.

However I did find HGHadvanced.php & products.php

Is this also your site? http://truthcomputerrepair.com/

--- I dunno why but something about your post just annoys the hell out of me.
tremor77
Addict
Addict

Post by mShred on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:49 am
([msg=60844]see Re: Need security help![/msg])

tremor77 wrote:However I did find HGHadvanced.php & products.php

I ran a google "site:123diet.net" and found a bunch of former directories. None still up though.
tremor77 wrote:--- I dunno why but something about your post just annoys the hell out of me.

I was thinking rather than his code being stolen, he had just found some standard default crap online and wanted to see if it was secure. Either way, no way for me to know.
For those about to hack, I salute you.
teehee
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by udxero on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:17 am
([msg=61121]see Re: Need security help![/msg])

I've removed the script as i've scratche dthat project and i'm doing something else now, yes indeed that one site was mine from LONG ago before i knew even 1 10th of what i knwo now..

The script was infact made in PHP and i'm pretty sure it was solid, but wanted extra checks on it, i understand not testing it without more proof, that's fine, but for now i've removed it all and just put some trash pos website in it's place..

Right now i'm working with some investors on a much larger project, sorry for the bother, but yeah. Don't know why my post would bug you.

I do know the difference between server side code and such i'm not an idiot, as i said it was php the code was hidden, the only parts that would show through source is the form and a small amount of HTML, the fact is, I couldn't figure a way myself to hack it, but that doesn't mean it's impossible, i just wanted more opinions, which i got, and trashed the project simply becuase i lost interested / investors.. The good news is the code worked -.-'

the reason you foudn a bunch of former crap, is becuase i trashed and remade that site a bunch while i was learning to code, and used it for some of my friends to play with Lol. So for the most part it's a garbage site that i use for testing only.
udxero
New User
New User

Return to General