Hear Me Out :)

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Hear Me Out :)

Post by cjdelphi on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:07 pm
([msg=59362]see Hear Me Out :)[/msg])

ok let's just get a few things clear here, I'm solely a programmer, i'll reverse engineer protocols and stuff like that, write applications i'm not interested in injecting anything, so this is the story...

I use Some random mice website --sanddbox

Anyway, long story short, I saw an advert i did not like (killing mice) on a forum where mice are primarily pets, anyway 30 moronic posts later some idiot tells me this

No offence here but you have no idea what your talking about, Hackers could not bring this site down. Payment information is done via paypal, No personal details of any user are stored on here so what would they hack?

This forum and anyone that has made any donations / memberships is more than secure and i make sure of that.

Also i agree with Shiprat, if you don't want to see the adverts pay the 1 Pound a month to remove them or don't visit the forum.

Like AS IF i'm going to pay ANYTHING to remove that banner when the forum they use is PHPBB from 2007, and they expect me to pay 1 quid a month to an idiot who can't even be arsed to update his forum, and on top of that CLAIMS the site can't be hacked!

No offence here but you have no idea what your talking about, Hackers could not bring this site down

LOL - phpbb 2007,do you not agree, this statement is crying out 'hack me' ?????

-- Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:39 am --

I think someone should teach this guy a lesson, nothing bad just say Deface index.php a WAKE UP call so that prick can update the forum..... it's purely in their interest and mine to get him to upgrade lol Disregard this, I suck cocks
cjdelphi
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hear Me Out :)

Post by centip3de on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:36 pm
([msg=59363]see Re: Hear Me Out :)[/msg])

cjdelphi wrote:ok let's just get a few things clear here, I'm solely a programmer, i'll reverse engineer protocols and stuff like that, write applications i'm not interested in injecting anything, so this is the story...

I use fancymicebreeders.com ( http://www.fancymicebreeders.com/phpBB3 ... 1&start=20 )

Anyway, long story short, I saw an advert i did not like (killing mice) on a forum where mice are primarily pets, anyway 30 moronic posts later some idiot tells me this

No offence here but you have no idea what your talking about, Hackers could not bring this site down. Payment information is done via paypal, No personal details of any user are stored on here so what would they hack?

This forum and anyone that has made any donations / memberships is more than secure and i make sure of that.

Also i agree with Shiprat, if you don't want to see the adverts pay the 1 Pound a month to remove them or don't visit the forum.

Like AS IF i'm going to pay ANYTHING to remove that banner when the forum they use is PHPBB from 2007, and they expect me to pay 1 quid a month to an idiot who can't even be arsed to update his forum, and on top of that CLAIMS the site can't be hacked!

No offence here but you have no idea what your talking about, Hackers could not bring this site down

LOL - phpbb 2007,do you not agree, this statement is crying out 'hack me' ?????

-- Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:39 am --

I think someone should teach this guy a lesson, nothing bad just say Deface index.php a WAKE UP call so that prick can update the forum..... it's purely in their interest and mine to get him to upgrade lol

Sorry, but this is a violation of the ToS, nobody here will help you.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by mShred on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:35 pm
([msg=59369]see Re: Hear Me Out :)[/msg])

I'm with centipede on this one. But i will try to help you out.
Pretty much you can only look for basic vulnerabilities. You could try the server itself. Running a port scan against it and using known security exploits.
You can also run a poorly designed pen test against the site, checking for various vulnerabilities in the website itself, including SQL Injection, HTTP Splitting, blah blah. But for the most part, you're shit out of luck. But you could troll? That's always a good idea.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by cjdelphi on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:09 pm
([msg=59375]see Re: Hear Me Out :)[/msg])

Nah, fair enough, I understand :)

LOL, yeah shit out of luck, i've come across a few scripts but they're all overkill, I just want him to wakeup what kind of idiot declares a free forum from phpbb from 2007 is hacker proof LOL i still can't get over that... Is it against the rules to have someone who knows about this forum in particular? and simply give a Yes/No been there done that?...

If it's more difficult than first thought, I'll leave it be and just wait for someone (anyone, not here) to find the site and have fun at his expense, and mine if he they copy the database and post it online for people to come and reverse the MD5 signature using a hash lookup.....

That's where I have to question which is more morally wrong, sit back and wait for someone to potentially steal the database along with whatever personal detail's i've given or do something small now to stop him dreaming and wake up and upgrade!
cjdelphi
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:07 am
([msg=59386]see Re: Hear Me Out :)[/msg])

First of all, it's an advertisement. Short of anything illegal or blatantly offensive, advertisement content isn't the duty of the webmaster. Just as a stray dog can be put down by dog lovers, mice lovers can wish to exterminate rats/non-domesticated mice in their houses, so I don't see why this is so offensive anyway.

Regardless of the preposterous moral argument here, you're pretty blatantly asking for someone to hack the site. Usually this would be a ban, but I'm feeling nice so I'll edit the URL out of your main post and let you off with a warning. Do anything like this again, however, and it will be a ban.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by cjdelphi on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:22 am
([msg=59395]see Re: Hear Me Out :)[/msg])

sanddbox wrote:First of all, it's an advertisement. Short of anything illegal or blatantly offensive, advertisement content isn't the duty of the webmaster. Just as a stray dog can be put down by dog lovers, mice lovers can wish to exterminate rats/non-domesticated mice in their houses, so I don't see why this is so offensive anyway.

Regardless of the preposterous moral argument here, you're pretty blatantly asking for someone to hack the site. Usually this would be a ban, but I'm feeling nice so I'll edit the URL out of your main post and let you off with a warning. Do anything like this again, however, and it will be a ban.

since you're a dumb fuck moderator, do whatever the fuck you want you fucking idiot, delete my account do whatever, stick it up your fucking ass then suck my cock you piece if shit sandbox, fuck you you stupid cunt...

Ciao
cjdelphi
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:27 am
([msg=59397]see Re: Hear Me Out :)[/msg])

revenge_driven comes to mind for some reason.
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JoeyPardella on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:32 pm
([msg=59410]see Re: Hear Me Out :)[/msg])

JoeyPardella
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Vulpine on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:20 pm
([msg=59417]see Re: Hear Me Out :)[/msg])

His moral outrage amuses me.
Vulpine
Poster
Poster

Post by themenniss on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:02 pm
([msg=59429]see Re: Hear Me Out :)[/msg])

#1. oh fuck that's hilarious.
#2 cjdelphi is mad.
here is why i actually read the TOS.
feels good to be literate.
Sanity is dull.
themenniss
New User
New User

Next

Return to General