How to trace a hacker?

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Re: How to trace a hacker?

Post by kujinR on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:15 am
([msg=48131]see Re: How to trace a hacker?[/msg])

TLDR. The problem with this is actually pretty obvious. I'm not sure why all these good folks didn't figure it out sooner.
kobaltin wrote:6. It was happening me, that my lcd turned off and on again during one second. And I dont mean system or application start, just without any reason. For example I was writing some text and suddenly "flash".. It was several time a day and it stopped of itself so now my lcds works fine.
7. Whole system sometimes freezes with loud screech sound from speakers. And again, it wasnt caused by starting any application or anything...but for example during watching movie.

You're computer is possessed. By GHOSTS!

That or you might just be having power supply issues. Have you been having power outages recently? Is the city you live in having an electricity crisis? (like mine has).

I know I've seen similar problems on my boxes before. Mainly because of low voltage supplied into the office.
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
"red = changed"
kujinR
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by kobaltin on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:47 am
([msg=48141]see Re: How to trace a hacker?[/msg])

I never had these problems before until now. I dont detect this anywhere else, only with my pcs. We dont have any problems with elctricity, housewiring etc. exept this weird behavior of my computers. Now everything works fine without intervention. Im from czech republic and there arent any variations in voltage, nobody has this problems like me. I never had power outages.

Problem with overclocking is about this. At first I was running at 2700MHz without any problems, but suddenly my pc didnt boot with this setup, so I had to strongly decrease it to 2430MHz to make my pc boot at least. Its stable after this decreasing. Its interresting, that before these problems I could boot even with 2800MHz, but It wasnt stable and it froze my pc or applications until I decreased it. Now I had problems with desk lamp and speakers even at 2430Mhz, which stopped spontaneously. If it would be coused by overclocking, it wouldnt stop until decreasing like before.

restoring my system is pointless, becouse I had these problems in two winXP and after installation win7 I had it there too. New system dont affect these problems.

I'm not too sure how many hackers, male or female, would know how to sync display timers to the frequencies emitted by fluorescent lamps.

I dont know answer to this eather, but I know its possible. If someone want to do this to you, (s)he will find a way. In my country exist for example this service:
http://www.odposlechy.com/odposlech-pocitace/
You can partially translate it to english using this:
http://www.worldlingo.com/en/websites/url_translator.html
kobaltin
New User
New User

Eureka!

Post by fabianhjr on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:08 pm
([msg=48146]see Eureka![/msg])

You just said it! It is a PSU/Surge protector issue. You mentioned:
  • Many computers suffer from this
  • You wiped and install the OS fresh from DVD
  • Lamp and display issues

Buy one Surge protector or a NoBreak and test.
Donate bitcoins to me! [1DhRP3hHgmSLQdRTZyT8VPTmzAj7Z2rsGA]
Dunno what bitcoins are? BitcoinMe
fabianhjr
Poster
Poster

Re: Eureka!

Post by kobaltin on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:51 pm
([msg=48209]see Re: Eureka![/msg])

fabianhjr wrote:You just said it! It is a PSU/Surge protector issue. You mentioned:
  • Many computers suffer from this
  • You wiped and install the OS fresh from DVD
  • Lamp and display issues

Buy one Surge protector or a NoBreak and test.

The problem is, that I cant test affect to problem, which I dont have anymore. Everything stopped OF ITSELF. If I would have any problem sometimes, I could test it, but I dnot have nothing for three weeks.
  • only my two computers suffered from this
  • "issues with display" was actually issue with two displays connected to a computer at same time and they also reacted at same time to ON or OF of the lamp OR speakers. With no exception. It happend at least 30 times in a row everytime I touch these two things.
kobaltin
New User
New User

Post by insomaniacal on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:26 pm
([msg=48210]see Re: How to trace a hacker?[/msg])

Czech Republic?

That makes me guess you're using some kind of converter to bring down whatever voltage you're pulling from the wall. Make sure it's a high quality one. If something is meant to bring down voltage, lets say to 120V, it'll never be a steady 120V. The use of regulators further steadies it, and further use of capacitors. Cheap regulators and sub-high grade electrical components might be an issue. True, your PSU should flatten it enough to avoid major damage, but I've seen blown capacitor heads on motherboards before.

For example, if your PSU is expecting a steady flow of no more than 130V, and it occasionally gets bursts of higher or lower voltage due to poor performance of a regulator, it could potentially damage some parts of the PSU which are meant to bring down and steady out the voltage for the rest of the computer, or at the very least temporarily send higher than expected voltage down the line. As long as this isn't done often, it won't fry your computer, since most components are built with some defense against this, and have a decent amount of tolerance (I'm sure some even regulate voltage themselves).

Anyway, that's my theory of some of your weird behavior. I'm positive it's electrical in nature (IE, not malware), and the fact that you're from the Czech Republic gives a fair reason as to why a high voltage might be sneaking in when it's unwanted.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by kobaltin on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:55 pm
([msg=48214]see Re: How to trace a hacker?[/msg])

insomaniacal, thanks for your theory. It would be nice idea if we wouldnt had 220V power supplies for computers in our area :geek: Sorry, I dont want offend you, I really appreciate your ideas ;) My computer is directly connected from case to the wall. I still believe in my opinion and have no idea how to find my "hacker" or whatever this person should be called.
kobaltin
New User
New User

Post by sanddbox on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:27 pm
([msg=48222]see Re: How to trace a hacker?[/msg])

THERE IS NO FUCKING HACKER

Thank you.

HTS User Composition:
95% Male
4.98% Female
.01% Monica
.01% Goat
sanddbox
Expert
Expert

Post by insomaniacal on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:12 pm
([msg=48223]see Re: How to trace a hacker?[/msg])

kobaltin wrote:insomaniacal, thanks for your theory. It would be nice idea if we wouldnt had 220V power supplies for computers in our area :geek: Sorry, I dont want offend you, I really appreciate your ideas ;) My computer is directly connected from case to the wall. I still believe in my opinion and have no idea how to find my "hacker" or whatever this person should be called.

It could still apply. If your PSU is somehow damaged. I assumed you'd be using a voltage convertter, and since those are usually made cheaply, it was more likely.

Anyway, try swapping out your PSU. I remember you mentioning there's more than one earlier. Try running everything from one PSU, preferably a different one than you have.

And, Sanddbox is right, unless you're some super important top secret CIA agent and ex-mafia member, no one would be trying to screw with you like that.

And if you are, well, I'm sure they'd be planting bombs instead of messing with your computer ;P.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by kobaltin on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:15 am
([msg=48235]see Re: How to trace a hacker?[/msg])

I think that I dont have damaged PSU becouse now I have no problems anymore for three weeks. And my BOTH computers acted like crazy, its unlikely that I would have damaged both PSUs. I dont use any voltage converter. When you have 120V from the wall, your PSU must decrease this voltage to 12V or 5V as well. In our place we all have PSUs different from yours, which are made for this higher voltage. No one have problem with this, except me.

sanddbox wrote:THERE IS NO FUCKING HACKER

Thank you.

Can you prove it, please?

Im not any kind of agent you mentioned. I could write about my theory who is doing this and why, but after that you would probably definitely qualify me as crazy.
kobaltin
New User
New User

Post by kujinR on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:03 am
([msg=48238]see Re: How to trace a hacker?[/msg])

This is more likely a power supply issue than an "OMGIBEINGHAXXED" issue. Unless, you have a friend, who no longer is your friend now coz he hates you and wants you to think that your computer is possessed by ghosts.

Or if you got electrocuted and are now magnetized and when you walk into a Video store you erase all the shows on VHS and suddenly get this great idea where you want to remake these movies yourself and rent them our to save your neighborhood.

It could be a great many things. Most unlikely of which is-well- the last thing I mentioned, but pretty close to that is the notion that you are being hacked and are being screwed with by making your lights flicker and shit.

So, get a new PSU(as mentioned above) and show us that we don't need to "qualify you as crazy".
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
"red = changed"
kujinR
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General