Script Kiddies. Why???

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Script Kiddies. Why???

Post by moonloghtkiller on Mon May 19, 2008 8:07 pm
([msg=2843]see Script Kiddies. Why???[/msg])

I dunno why, but I got reading through some random topics, and is it just me, or does this site attract like way more script kiddies than actual people that care?
Setsuna Sa Yori Mo Tooku He
moonloghtkiller
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Script Kiddies. Why???

Post by vladiftodi on Thu May 22, 2008 12:38 pm
([msg=3020]see Re: Script Kiddies. Why???[/msg])

I don't think it does actually
because they won't get any help here
Me and my friend discovered this site almost 2 years ago
I was just doing missions, and of course couldd do bad/hacking stuff right away and still can't say I can do lots of things now when it comes to practical stuff...
He on the other way did just a few missions, considered that they are not for him and went to some russian site and other warez/coding/scripties site and just downloaded tools from there, most of witch were keylogged and/or contained some ddos program, time bomb etc... (infected) and lied about their ease to use "input ip and it's done you hack da victim"
but he still hangs in thoose sites etc...
But here script kiddies can't get actualy instructions on how to do the stuff they want, or don't get the way they want like
here is the script, download perl since you have windoze open it through cmd etc etc...
So I guess not
Last edited by vladiftodi on Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vladiftodi
New User
New User

Post by blackprince491 on Thu May 29, 2008 4:45 pm
([msg=3552]see Re: Script Kiddies. Why???[/msg])

a lot of the people decide this just isint for them
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Post by int3grate on Fri May 30, 2008 9:31 pm
([msg=3783]see Re: Script Kiddies. Why???[/msg])

I dunno why, but I got reading through some random topics, and is it just me, or does this site attract like way more script kiddies than actual people that care?

Hell, I've gotten paid to be a "script Kiddie". Knowing how to use scripts or tools, knowing which ones to use and which ones are legitimate is not a trivial task. Of course I write my own stuff (exploit code, automation scripts, etc...), and do manual binary analysis and web application testing, but a lot of time can be saved using tools.

I mean, every hacker worth their salt knows how to use nmap. Now are you being a script kiddie using that? I would say yes, but it's absolutely necessary to check a system for open ports. I think what differentiates a hacker from a just someone who is a "script-kiddie", is a hacker understands what the tools are doing at the lowest level (like nmap sending syn packets to check for open ports), and knows how to use his tools in conjunction with each other to perform an attack. He also knows how to check things out for himself, and write his own tools. All hackers are script kiddies, but not all script kiddies are hackers.

That's just my two cents.

-Int3grate
int3grate
New User
New User

Post by Ark_Rat on Fri May 30, 2008 11:19 pm
([msg=3788]see Re: Script Kiddies. Why???[/msg])

<geek>
Here's what I think. They come looking for "Go here, get this, do this" like vlad said. But they find "How to..." which requires actual thought and learning, and they decide that it's bullshit and don't want to work at it. Instead they find programs and scripts that do all the work for them, like the lazy bastards they are. Now, like Int3grate said, all hackers use scripts, but what sets a hacker apart from a script kiddie breaks down into a few things I think:
1) Attitude
2) Willingness to learn
3)Understanding

Typically, one who remains a SK refuses to use any form of politess, and calls anything moving a fscktard. A hacker knows that someday, those he/she disagrees with may one day be a possible ally, because (s)he was polite in their manner of speaking.

Hackers will take time to learn the necessary techniques, and practice them diligently. To make sure they know what they're doing and don't trip themselves up, yeah? SKs decide not to learn, "saving" time by just getting scripts that do the work for them. If they'd take a little time to stop and learn the skills, then maybe they might get somewhere, other than a 8x10 at Leavenworth for 5-10.

SKs download the stuff that does all the work for them, but they don't care how it works, just that it does. This is quite contrary to the necessary mindset. A hacker shouldn't care that it does work, but how. If it doesn't work, yeah, we wanna make it work, but we want to know why it DOESN'T work before we make it work. And if it does work, then shouldn't (s)he want to know WHY it works? To want to take it apart, line by line, learning what makes it do what it does?

Ah hell, maybe I'm just pushing my feelings on everyone else. Inquisitive minds function in such a manner, and I thought a general inquisitiveness was what led us here, what led us to learning how to do what we want to. Inquisitiveness as to how it works, so that we can tell anyone who will listen, and spread the good. Y'know?
</geek>
And when he gets to Heaven
To Saint Peter he will tell
One more hacker reporting sir
I've served my time in hell
Ark_Rat
New User
New User

Location: Location unknown. Last seen fitting penguins with signal jammers.

Post by Lauren on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:01 am
([msg=6214]see Re: Script Kiddies. Why???[/msg])

vladiftodi wrote:I don't think it does actually
because they won't get any help here
Me and my friend discovered this site almost 2 years ago
I was just doing missions, and of course couldd do bad/hacking stuff right away and still can't say I can do lots of things now when it comes to practical stuff...
He on the other way did just a few missions, considered that they are not for him and went to some russian site and other warez/coding/scripties site and just downloaded tools from there, most of witch were keylogged and/or contained some ddos program, time bomb etc... (infected) and lied about their ease to use "input ip and it's done you hack da victim"
but he still hangs in thoose sites etc...
But here script kiddies can't get actualy instructions on how to do the stuff they want, or don't get the way they want like
here is the script, download perl since you have windoze open it through cmd etc etc...
So I guess not

I agree.
I'll admit...When I first came here, that's pretty much all I was looking for. Then I actually became interested with hwo the internet works and stayed for that...But I found myself falling back into the script kiddie catergory when I found it was easier.
Lauren
New User
New User

Post by nathandelane on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:02 am
([msg=6225]see Re: Script Kiddies. Why???[/msg])

I mean, every hacker worth their salt knows how to use nmap. Now are you being a script kiddie using that? I would say yes, but it's absolutely necessary to check a system for open ports. I think what differentiates a hacker from a just someone who is a "script-kiddie", is a hacker understands what the tools are doing at the lowest level (like nmap sending syn packets to check for open ports), and knows how to use his tools in conjunction with each other to perform an attack. He also knows how to check things out for himself, and write his own tools. All hackers are script kiddies, but not all script kiddies are hackers.

Yes, true that a hacker knows his or her tools, but at the same time, shouldn't a hacker be able to come up with his own solution when he can't get a hold of what he needs, etc.? I spent about fifteen minutes yesterday writing my own port scanner. I never did before in my life, but it works. I just thought, well I know about socket programming in C#, so why couldn't I scan ports in C#? It was one of the simplest things I've ever written.

So I think that it should suffice me to say, that the hacker should define the tools he uses as much as possible, not let the tools define him.
Me, Nathandelane, Highly influential to Hackerdom, Premature Optimization=http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PrematureOptimization
nathandelane
Poster
Poster

Post by OneArrow on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:08 pm
([msg=7144]see Re: Script Kiddies. Why???[/msg])

nathandelane wrote:the hacker should define the tools he uses as much as possible, not let the tools define him.

Well said.
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

Post by Karec on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:53 pm
([msg=7366]see Re: Script Kiddies. Why???[/msg])

I think int3grate was dead on about the general consensus about script kiddies.

I'd say yes, this site does attract a lot of script kiddies you know why? Go to http://www.google.com and type in "hacking", guess which website comes up as number four?

You guys don't even get the worst of it on the forums. Other staff as well as people at the top of the points system get a lot of pm's and harassed on IRC constantly to "Teach people how to hack" or ask to hire or even worse for us for free to do the dirty work for them.

Below is a pm I literally got today, from a user that as much as i'd like to publicly humiliate him will leave anonymous.

hey whats up im new and a was wondering if you would help me out
plz
plz
plz

well my whole intentions here is to learn how to hack a myspace profile cuz i think that my girlfriend is cheating on me

can you hellp :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh how I despise users at times who want a free lunch.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled
Karec
Poster
Poster

Return to General