Series of Harvard Computer Science lectures for free.

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Series of Harvard Computer Science lectures for free.

Post by blazinchops on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:47 am
([msg=29164]see Series of Harvard Computer Science lectures for free.[/msg])

Hello there. I was browsing your challenges and read a post that I had to reply too and here I am. I just wanted to post this link in it's own thread because there seems to be quite a few novices out there that don't know where to really start.

GO TO HARVARD FOR FREE http://www.cs50.tv/

The CS50 (computer Science) course at Harvard is free to the public, in video and can be streamed to your ipod, iphone etc.

If you don't have a bunch of certs and are not already a CIS, don't just blow these video courses off. I am a CIS and I've used these courses personally to refresh since they've become available online.

Anyway, just wanted to start off with an offering to all.

Thank you.

Chaiyz
blazinchops
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Greetings and Salutations.

Post by LuxA0rta on Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:40 am
([msg=29166]see Re: Greetings and Salutations.[/msg])

Pretty neat find. I'll look into it. Thanks!
LuxA0rta
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:24 am
([msg=29175]see Re: Greetings and Salutations.[/msg])

Oh wow, that's a brilliant find. I'm going to change the name of this topic and sticky it because I think a lot of people in this place ought to watch these. Thanks a lot.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by godofcereal on Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:46 am
([msg=29176]see Re: Greetings and Salutations.[/msg])

thedotmaster wrote:Oh wow, that's a brilliant find. I'm going to change the name of this topic and sticky it because I think a lot of people in this place ought to watch these. Thanks a lot.

That seems like alot of sarcasm...
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by thedotmaster on Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:07 am
([msg=29177]see Re: Greetings and Salutations.[/msg])

godofcereal wrote:That seems like alot of sarcasm...

Of course not :/
Harvard lectures on the internet is incredible and *points* I did sticky it. Might make it global actually.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Series of Harvard Computer Science lectures for free.

Post by blazinchops on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:35 am
([msg=29187]see Re: Series of Harvard Computer Science lectures for free.[/msg])

Greetings and salutations everyone. I'd had access to this for some time and when they made it completely public people blogged about it for some time. Then it kinda died down but like I said. If you don't have a current MCSE,MSCA and are not already a CIS, these courses will help you learn what you need to know to move forward.

I mentioned giving out the link and a friend just sent me this to accompany the previous link: http://academicearth.org/courses/introd ... -science-i

BTW, the HARVARD courses online are FREE.. Please don't go there trying to change the page, inject it or hack it in any way. This site isn't public for a reason and if it gets out that this domain has targeted them in any way, we will loose it.

Enjoy,

Chaiyz
blazinchops
New User
New User

Post by lolobip on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:22 pm
([msg=29493]see Re: Series of Harvard Computer Science lectures for free.[/msg])

There are a good lot of lectures up on youtube from many top universities (MIT, Stanford ...), covering many fields from computer science to history and back to economics :)

Check them out on www.youtube.com/edu
lolobip
New User
New User

Post by gumgod on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:50 am
([msg=30347]see Re: Series of Harvard Computer Science lectures for free.[/msg])

There several classes from Harvard on i-tunes which are free to download. These may be even more interesting to those here. Computer science e1 understanding computers, building dynamic websites (PHP) and one on Java and XML. They are full length lectures of pretty much the entire course. Just go to i-tunes and search the podcast directory for "Harvard" or for "Harvard extension school". There are several classes that I think were put there for distance education or something, anyway I got some good information out of it, and they are completely free and available for anyone to download. Even if you already know the languages, it's worth at least looking into. :)
gumgod
New User
New User

Post by RatInABox on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:29 am
([msg=30596]see Re: Series of Harvard Computer Science lectures for free.[/msg])

Some of you may already be aware of these but lecturefox has created a list of free comptuer science lectures (video and audio) from many different place, on many different topics. Hope it helps someone. It can be found here: http://lecturefox.com/computerscience/
RatInABox
New User
New User

Post by marry31 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:48 pm
([msg=30719]see Re: Series of Harvard Computer Science lectures for free.[/msg])

This month I have a bunch of computer science video lectures. ... Introduction to Computer Science (Harvard, professor David J. Malan) and much more. This would be a great experiance for me.
marry31
New User
New User

Next

Return to General