Proxy

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Proxy

Post by JodyJ on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:32 pm
([msg=78818]see Proxy[/msg])

Hi I have a few questions about proxys. 1 are they really safe and untraceable.
2. What is the most secure proxy I should use. I have been doing a little research on the subject and all I'm getting is a list of ip addresses or proxy servers and honestly I want to know that it will keep my ip hidden.
JodyJ
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Proxy

Post by hellow533 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:43 pm
([msg=78819]see Re: Proxy[/msg])

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say untraceable. Are we talking about the proxy host being able to see everything you do, or someone being able to track back to you through a proxy?

As for the most secure proxy, there are many secure proxies out there. The most secure (in terms of data being safe) one would be one you own. In terms of anonymity, you don't want to connect to some proxy servers such as ones owned by Private Proxy, because they, like many others, monitor everything you do for "illegal activity" while giving the false sense of privacy.

Honestly, your best bet would be getting something like Tor, as long as you aren't going on any websites that call for you logging in to them while connect to the proxy. Otherwise it's pointless.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JodyJ on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:53 pm
([msg=78820]see Re: Proxy[/msg])

When I say untraceable I mean being able to track back to me through the proxy. Yea I need to do some logging in into sites, and Honestly all I want to do is hide my ip..... So that I'm getting this clear there is no proxy that will hide my ip if I'm required to log into the site?
JodyJ
New User
New User

Post by hellow533 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:08 pm
([msg=78821]see Re: Proxy[/msg])

JodyJ wrote:When I say untraceable I mean being able to track back to me through the proxy. Yea I need to do some logging in into sites, and Honestly all I want to do is hide my ip..... So that I'm getting this clear there is no proxy that will hide my ip if I'm required to log into the site?

It isn't secure for your user/pass, that's for sure. It will hide your IP, but if you have ever logged into the website or made the account normally (no proxy) it would again, be somewhat pointless. If it has your name, it's super pointless. If you don't want any connection between you and the website to be seen by the website itself, you could do that. However, the proxy host can still see your IP and the destination, so it would be best to find one that gets a lot of foot traffic or that you know is secure in keeping your information safe.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JodyJ on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:18 pm
([msg=78822]see Re: Proxy[/msg])

Thanks man that's really helpful
JodyJ
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:30 pm
([msg=78824]see Re: Proxy[/msg])

A single proxy isn't very safe for remaining anonymous. Properly using Tor is probably the best solution or maybe an anonymous VPN.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Return to General