A friendly game

General technological topics without their own forum go here

A friendly game

Post by 384571243 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:36 am
([msg=78428]see A friendly game[/msg])

So a friend of mine and me are playing a game in which i will attempt to remotely connect to her computer,she will provide me with the IP and will have remote access enable.Could someone help me predict any difficulties, and problems that may arise.
tnx
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: A friendly game

Post by centip3de on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:21 pm
([msg=78436]see Re: A friendly game[/msg])

384571243 wrote:So a friend of mine and me are playing a game in which i will attempt to remotely connect to her computer,she will provide me with the IP and will have remote access enable.Could someone help me predict any difficulties, and problems that may arise.
tnx

So, wait, she's going to turn on remote access and give you the IP of the computer? There shouldn't be any difficulties at all, then (assuming you're talking about Windows Remote Desktop, or something similar).
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Re: A friendly game

Post by -Unicod3- on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:22 pm
([msg=78545]see Re: A friendly game[/msg])

If this is on a local network, there should be no problems.

If this is over the internet it is possible that her router's firewall will not have the correct ports forwarded to her computer. It is also possible if your friend is not very tech savy that she will give you her local address rather than her external address. (her external address may change if she restarts her router, unless she has a static IP)
Little by little, one travels far” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
-Unicod3-
New User
New User

Return to General