Kali Linux FAQ ! ! !

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Kali Linux FAQ ! ! !

Post by sahitya_suman on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:29 am
([msg=76947]see Kali Linux FAQ ! ! ![/msg])

I am very happy that i am sucessfull in installing the Kali Linux side by side to windows 8 By working and researching too late in night ...... But now its look like i am screwed up because the first thing that i don`t know about it is that its Default user name and password .... yeah yeah yeah . Manny of you will say that it has default User "root" and password is "toor" .. But i have tried of it and it is not working like this so i request you guys to tell me about the it or give me any tutorial for it as of its official website of kali linux telling that it has "root" user name and toor passwrd but it is not working like that .. And Also tell me that how i can connect my usb modem MTS to kali linux
sahitya_suman
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Kali Linux FAQ ! ! !

Post by Goatboy on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:19 am
([msg=76959]see Re: Kali Linux FAQ ! ! ![/msg])

A quick search on Google tells me that many people have a similar issue, and it looks like there's an option to define your own password during installation. Did you do this? If so, try that password. If not, let us know what you did and what you have tried so far.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Re: Kali Linux FAQ ! ! !

Post by -Ninjex- on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 pm
([msg=76984]see Re: Kali Linux FAQ ! ! ![/msg])

sahitya_suman wrote:Manny of you will say that it has default User "root" and password is "toor"

I will tell you it is: root - toor

http://docs.kali.org/introduction/kali- ... -passwords

Have a look at the official documentation. You should probably attempt a new install, and configure the username and password at that time. Thats what I did when I installed it, and I have never had an issue with it.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Return to General