A Pro That Needs Help :D

General technological topics without their own forum go here

A Pro That Needs Help :D

Post by MasterMason on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:54 pm
([msg=76934]see A Pro That Needs Help :D[/msg])

Hi,
I singed up to this web site about 2 hours ago so I'm completely new here.
Let me introduce my self my internet name is Master Mason I'm 15 years old and so far i know about 15 programing languages and i developed about 4 to 5 games using the unity game engine but never released any of them.About two weeks ago I started looking in to something new i could do with my skills that i have acquired form over there years of programing.Sure another i ran in to hacking and I'm now in love with it i event installed on one of my laptops Kali Linux and I'm starting to get familiar with the tools it offers.

This site has helped me learn a lot too.But for some reason I'm not able to find good tutorials on line and I'm not really sure what books to get on the subject.

The subjects that i found really interesting where
1) Mal Ware (How to design your own and how to detect it on systems)
2)Metasploit
3)Crypto
4)Social Engineering
5)Hacking web sites

If any one is a pro at any of these subjects then I would love for them to explain to me a bit of the basics.
And i would really appreciate if you guys could SEND ME LINKS TO ANY TUTORIAL ARTICLE THAT IS TO DO WITH THESE SUBJECTS OR WITH HACKING.

So start flooding me with links please :D
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sincerely,
Master Mason

P.S
I do not intended to use any of my knowledge to hack innocent people for my own enjoyment :D lol
MasterMason
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: A Pro That Needs Help :D

Post by DrRoach on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:59 pm
([msg=76941]see Re: A Pro That Needs Help :D[/msg])

MasterMason wrote:Hi,
I singed up to this web site about 2 hours ago so I'm completely new here.
Let me introduce my self my internet name is Master Mason I'm 15 years old and so far i know about 15 programing languages and i developed about 4 to 5 games using the unity game engine but never released any of them.About two weeks ago I started looking in to something new i could do with my skills that i have acquired form over there years of programing.Sure another i ran in to hacking and I'm now in love with it i event installed on one of my laptops Kali Linux and I'm starting to get familiar with the tools it offers.

No offence because you may be but how do you KNOW 15 languages at 15? it takes months if not years to master a computer language and even then you still can't know the language as they're always updating. Other than that the only advice that I can really give is just practice and learn as much as possible, there isn't going to be anywhere online that tells you how to hack a website just give you the knowledge to be able to figure out how to. :)
DrRoach
Poster
Poster

Post by MasterMason on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:45 am
([msg=76952]see Re: A Pro That Needs Help :D[/msg])

Hi,
Thank you for replying.
DrRoach wrote:No offence because you may be but how do you KNOW 15 languages at 15? it takes months if not years to master a computer language and even then you still can't know the language as they're always updating.

I am aware of what you are saying, I started to learn to program at age of 12. And obviously I still have a lot to learn.
I all ways try to keep myself updated. And i could say that I "specialize" in ruby and python and c# all the rest of the programming languages that I know are kind of not my "priority" languages i understand them and i can use them but I don't work hard to keep myself updated on them on a daily basis like I do with the programming languages that I "specialize" in.

sorry for the mind of*** lol ;)

DrRoach wrote:Other than that the only advice that I can really give is just practice and learn as much as possible, there isn't going to be anywhere online that tells you how to hack a website just give you the knowledge to be able to figure out how to

I'm not asking for a web site that make me a "script kitty" I'm looking for a site that will explain to me the ideas behind the subject I will give you some examples for sites that I'm looking for.

http://www.offensive-security.com/metas ... evelopment
http://security.stackexchange.com/
http://www.hacking-tutorial.com/
http://www.gobookee.net/1000-hacking-tutorials/

Sorry for my confusing reply,
Sincerely,
Master Mason.
MasterMason
New User
New User

Post by Goatboy on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:35 am
([msg=76955]see Re: A Pro That Needs Help :D[/msg])

DrRoach wrote:Other than that the only advice that I can really give is just practice and learn as much as possible, there isn't going to be anywhere online that tells you how to hack a website just give you the knowledge to be able to figure out how to.

This.

I can't tell you how many times people have come here saying "HOW 2 HAX PLZ" expecting us to give them the skeleton key to all systems everywhere.

Hacking, like programming, takes practice and dedication. You need to learn the basics before you can get to the fun stuff. Just like you had to write "Hello, world!" before you made games, with security you need to know the concepts. Start out with some of the missions here. Get through all the basics and work your way up to the realistic and programming ones.

As for tutorials, honestly Google is your friend. It's amazing how much information is out there. Some of it is great, most of it is shit, but if you read enough you're bound to learn something new.

Also try lurking in IRC or the forums. Again, IRC is 99% trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls, but occasionally an intelligent conversation sneaks in. The forum is a bit more focused, and you can always read way back to see what people have been talking about for ages.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by DrRoach on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:40 am
([msg=76965]see Re: A Pro That Needs Help :D[/msg])

Hi, the problem with trying to learn from websites is that hacking is illegal so no one can tell you what to do, they can only give you the tools that you need. For example I have been making a lot of websites in php recetly and from this a lot of different ways to break into a site have dawned on me. I guess what I'm tryinng to say is that you can the learn the most about hacking just by doing good, such as making websites and programmes ect. because then you can see where vulnerabilities are occuring and how. For these reasons the best websites are oftenly things like w3schools I'm sure that you've been up and down it but there are always hidden things on it and it is always a great refference. Bear in mind though this is just my opinion
DrRoach
Poster
Poster

Post by Goatboy on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 am
([msg=76970]see Re: A Pro That Needs Help :D[/msg])

DrRoach wrote:Hi, the problem with trying to learn from websites is that hacking is illegal so no one can tell you what to do, they can only give you the tools that you need.

I can sit here all day and tell you specifically how to perform whatever attack you want. SQL injection? Grab a seat. Buffer overflow? Get some popcorn. Manchester fillibuster? Bring it on.

The act of hacking, in certain circumstances, is illegal. Talking about it, and even teaching it, is not*.

* Usually. There are some legal situations where you're not allowed to discuss/disclose certain things
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by DrRoach on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:18 pm
([msg=76976]see Re: A Pro That Needs Help :D[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:I can sit here all day and tell you specifically how to perform whatever attack you want. SQL injection? Grab a seat. Buffer overflow? Get some popcorn. Manchester fillibuster? Bring it on.

The act of hacking, in certain circumstances, is illegal. Talking about it, and even teaching it, is not*.

* Usually. There are some legal situations where you're not allowed to discuss/disclose certain things

Fair enough I guess what I was trying to say no website is going to tell you how to hack into facebook or netflix or something like that.

Also I have a seat and some popcorn and I'm ready to learn ;)
DrRoach
Poster
Poster

Post by MasterMason on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:23 am
([msg=76990]see Re: A Pro That Needs Help :D[/msg])

Hi,

Wow thank you for trying to help!
I now understand the point you guys are trying to put across

DrRoach wrote:I can sit here all day and tell you specifically how to perform whatever attack you want. SQL injection? Grab a seat. Buffer overflow? Get some popcorn. Manchester fillibuster? Bring it on.

I would actually love for you to teach me how to do that but only if you could teach me the tech behind it.
Thanks for the offer (sooty if the line above sounded demanding or something lol).

I all so found some books:
http://www.amazon.com/Violent-Python-Co ... WKOJHOS1Q9

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Malware ... J55PIB0Y2K

http://www.amazon.com/Basics-Hacking-Pe ... HM7WDBHL91

http://www.amazon.com/Metasploit-The-Pe ... HMYKB2VTQJ

What do you think about them did you read them ever? What books would you recommend?

As all ways thank you so much for the help!
Sincerely
Master Mason
MasterMason
New User
New User

Return to General