HTS live stream part two

General technological topics without their own forum go here

HTS live stream part two

Post by hellow533 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:07 pm
([msg=76066]see HTS live stream part two[/msg])

Made a new thread because editing and posting to the old one doesn't bump it. Just want people to see a decent tutorial.

How about this for an idea.
"Network hacking and dangerous underestimations"

With my recent run in with my mystery hacker, I decided that for a live stream I will be using windows and easy freeware (wireshark, cain, etc.) to show how dangerous it is to underestimate someone for their programs. With just cain and and a wireless bridge, I can drive around my neighborhood and pick up all LAN traffic on insecure networks. Not only that, but if I go as far as using airpcap (something I don't have, but will example obviously) I can sit there and monitor traffic, building up passwords to some routers, cracking them, giving me access. Obviously, all examples I show will be on my own networks, so no need to worry about the legality with HTS being even slightly involved with the live stream.

I will be using more than just cain for sure, but I'll try to keep the demonstrations free or extremely low budget, to show that even the less-wealthy pen testers are able to get pretty far. I hope this will also help people understand that you don't need thousand dollar airpcap drives, don't need to spend money on blue tooth and war driving software/equipment, and don't need to be on a linux based OS (this kills me a bit) to be successful.

By the way, my mystery hacker spoofed his mac, which pisses me off. On the bright side, local authorities have agreed to look in to the matter, and my internet provider agreed to wipe the history of our little scoundrel off my record (they didn't need the police report either, they just said patterns in the area were suspicious enough to allow a clean up.)

So, sound like a good idea?
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: HTS live stream part two

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:56 pm
([msg=76067]see Re: HTS live stream part two[/msg])

I am definitely still interested in this. Sounds like a great plan.

Why are you not ever on IRC? You should join in #coffeesh0p sometime.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by hellow533 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:28 am
([msg=76068]see Re: HTS live stream part two[/msg])

IRC, much like most of HTS, is very inactive.
“Teach me how to hack!”
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fashizzlepop on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:20 am
([msg=76070]see Re: HTS live stream part two[/msg])

#coffeesh0p isn't.

Also, I'm interested. How are you planning on streaming this?
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by DrRoach on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:22 am
([msg=76071]see Re: HTS live stream part two[/msg])

Im extremely interested in this and cant wait for it to happen
DrRoach
Poster
Poster

Post by hellow533 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:10 am
([msg=76073]see Re: HTS live stream part two[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:#coffeesh0p isn't.

Also, I'm interested. How are you planning on streaming this?

Given the circumstances, I think something along the lines of Join.me will work fine, though I can stream it through Youtube as well. It just depends I suppose.
“Teach me how to hack!”
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by brutal_hacker on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:28 pm
([msg=76079]see Re: HTS live stream part two[/msg])

Sounds like a decent idea for training purposes but just remember how you present yourself and make sure what your doing is legit. Mapping your own network and recording people using it and how you may do this is absolutely fine mapping others and watching there networks intrusion etc is pushing the borders just a little bit bit of a grey area to some people. (we all have our own opinions on these matters)

as for #coffeesh0p I wouldn't bother with it I stayed on it for a few days now and again and heard nothing get more feedback on the forums. Then again im on a different time zone.

Keep us posted see what you come up with.
brutal_hacker
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by hellow533 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:11 am
([msg=76082]see Re: HTS live stream part two[/msg])

brutal_hacker wrote:Sounds like a decent idea for training purposes but just remember how you present yourself and make sure what your doing is legit. Mapping your own network and recording people using it and how you may do this is absolutely fine mapping others and watching there networks intrusion etc is pushing the borders just a little bit bit of a grey area to some people. (we all have our own opinions on these matters)

*edit*
I'm sorry, just been having a very bad week. Listen, everything in the live stream is my own equipment, and everything you guys see will be owned by me.
“Teach me how to hack!”
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Return to General