I need help with a facebook thing

General technological topics without their own forum go here

I need help with a facebook thing

Post by derkaiser on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:57 am
([msg=76058]see I need help with a facebook thing[/msg])

So the thing is i accidentally erased a conversation with someone on fb, and i know i can just ask her to send me back the whole thing but i though it would be fun trying to get back instead and it will also help me to learn a lot, i'm just a beginner so i don't know if it can be done but is to hard or if i'm breaking any rule posting this, if i am please just tell me and i'll erase this.
Any help or tips you can give me i really appreciate them :) .
derkaiser
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I need help with a facebook thing

Post by pretentious on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:36 am
([msg=76059]see Re: I need help with a facebook thing[/msg])

i didn't even know you could delete convos so i'm probably not the best to give advice haha
My guess would be that fb uses ajax or something similar for chatting, so is suppose you could make your own request maybe?
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Poster
Poster

Post by hellow533 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:42 am
([msg=76062]see Re: I need help with a facebook thing[/msg])

If you only went to options and clicked clear window, you can still go to options and click "view full conversation".

If you deleted the chat itself, not really any way to get it back bud. Hope it helped.
“True hacking is like skydiving, you want to make sure you have arms, because nobody’s going to be there to pull the chute for you.”
hellow533
Poster
Poster

Post by derkaiser on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:43 am
([msg=76072]see Re: I need help with a facebook thing[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:If you only went to options and clicked clear window, you can still go to options and click "view full conversation".

If you deleted the chat itself, not really any way to get it back bud. Hope it helped.

yeah that was what i was fearing :$ well i'll have to do it the easy/boring way. Thanks for answering :)
derkaiser
New User
New User

Return to General