Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this (ARCHIVE)

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this

Post by cyberdrain on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:36 pm
([msg=82014]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

OS_13115 wrote:Would this course happen again?

Probably, but it depends on how large an audience there is and the amount of time available for the people who want to head it.

Misanthropydotexe wrote:Giving my current lack of understanding here, is this too advanced for me to properly grasp? Should I pass, if this is restarted until I'm better learned?

You'll learn a lot more from the course if your knowledge is better. From my experience I was able to grasp parts that I didn't understand by learning more about the subject, so it can go both ways. I advice to have knowledge of a lot of different things before starting though.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by limdis on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:51 pm
([msg=82038]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

You can get a LOT out of this course if you put the time into it. There may be a lot that will be over your head, but really only at first. Once you get the basics down and get to playing with some of the tools it speeds up quickly. If you are confused on some items, say nmap for example, you really should press pause and read up then come back to the course. You won't be disappointed.

As for having another group start date, yes it will happen again. I tend to wait until I have a good number of people show interest before I set a tentative date. But feel free to start whenever you wish. If you have any questions join us in #metasploit.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by e3cb on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:38 pm
([msg=82140]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

Uber off-topic but still related. Since MSF is awesome and shiz, I kinda wana move forward because fuck all y'all scrubs. If anyone is interested in advanced topics of MSF and beyond, including but not limited to: the use of RailGun, A/V evasion (Ninjex <3), general exploit dev, obfuscation of payloads - let me know. If you don't know how to use MSF already, don't bother messaging me because you're a srub who is bad and who should feel bad, get better. If you know how to use MSF and most of its goodies, launch exploits, yet are stumped by them pesky AVs, then message Ninjex and bother him to write his tutorial. If you want to learn more about exploit dev and Windows fun, let me know. I probably wont bother responding to PMs here so just hit me up on IRC. <3
<3 FF E4 <3
Do you even asm bruh?
e3cb
Poster
Poster

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:55 am
([msg=82153]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

e3cb wrote:If you know how to use MSF and most of its goodies, launch exploits, yet are stumped by them pesky AVs, then message Ninjex and bother him to write his tutorial.

I have decided not to do this as well as any further articles, guides, etc. At least for a long long time.
I was uber excited about it all, but a few posts later can completely turn you off the idea.

Anyways, I do need to hit you up on IRC, maybe this weekend if you and I both have the time. I'm interested to see your methods. e<3cb
For those that know
K: 0x2CD8D4F9
-Ninjex-

Post by e3cb on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:39 am
([msg=82221]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

Ninjex, muh schedule is fucky and so is yours. PM or memo me with some times you'd be free to chat.
<3 FF E4 <3
Do you even asm bruh?
e3cb
Poster
Poster

Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this (ARCHIVE)

Post by OS_13115 on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:26 pm
([msg=88397]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this (ARCHIVE)[/msg])

::::::::::::ATTENTION::::::::::::

The 'msfcli' command has been deprecated. Adjust your exploration techniques accordingly.

Code: Select all

root@kali:~# msfcli
[!] ************************************************************************
[!] *               The utility msfcli is deprecated!                      *
[!] *            It will be removed on or about 2015-06-18                 *
[!] *              Please use msfconsole -r or -x instead                  *
[!] *  Details: https://github.com/rapid7/metasploit-framework/pull/3802   *
[!] ************************************************************************

OS_13115
New User
New User