Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this

Post by e3cb on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:41 pm
([msg=75929]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

Haven't heard much buzz recently with this project. As such, I'm just checking in to see where everyone is so far? Any questions or comments?
:(){ :|: & };:
Do you even asm bruh?
e3cb
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by limdis on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:25 pm
([msg=75965]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

I've been going through the book mostly so far. But already had plans to work on this a lot tonight.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by -Ninjex- on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:40 pm
([msg=75970]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

I have been busy brushing up on some other stuff (C, Shellcoding, Assembly) but afterwards I plan to delve into this pretty hard.

For the record I love the concept of it being a framework instead of a single tool. Meaning that you can build custom tools to add onto your arsenal with this.
Spreading knowledge just once a day, can help keep the script kiddies away ⠠⠵
no_hope if world.map{|person, ic = 0| ic +=1 if ignorance.include?(person)}.compact.length > (world.length / 2)
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by fashizzlepop on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:56 pm
([msg=75973]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

I'm down. Since my term is ending soon I should have a bunch more time.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by e3cb on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:35 pm
([msg=75977]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

Glad to see you're priming to go. I know everyone's been busy and trying to squeeze this semi-structured course in is hard. Again, if anyone wants to talk MSF with me let me know! I can point to external resources or make tutorial videos or anything like that. GL to all
Do you even asm bruh?
e3cb
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:39 am
([msg=75990]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

e3cb wrote:Glad to see you're priming to go. I know everyone's been busy and trying to squeeze this semi-structured course in is hard. Again, if anyone wants to talk MSF with me let me know! I can point to external resources or make tutorial videos or anything like that. GL to all

You know that gives me the idea, that after everyone or mostly everyone finishes this course, we should make a structured list of the things we learned. We could then convert the list into video series explaining how we learned that specific part. Then have someone, or multiple user's who are willing to submit videos somewhere, such as youtube; so that other hts members can watch and learn from this. Hell, maybe even make a publicly accessible youtube page for this (and things like this to come?), and keep 1 person as the master of the youtube which could reset the password via e-mail, in case someone decides to be naughty.
Spreading knowledge just once a day, can help keep the script kiddies away ⠠⠵
no_hope if world.map{|person, ic = 0| ic +=1 if ignorance.include?(person)}.compact.length > (world.length / 2)
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by DrRoach on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:46 pm
([msg=75995]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:
You know that gives me the idea, that after everyone or mostly everyone finishes this course, we should make a structured list of the things we learned. We could then convert the list into video series explaining how we learned that specific part. Then have someone, or multiple user's who are willing to submit videos somewhere, such as youtube; so that other hts members can watch and learn from this. Hell, maybe even make a publicly accessible youtube page for this (and things like this to come?), and keep 1 person as the master of the youtube which could reset the password via e-mail, in case someone decides to be naughty.

Sounds like a awesome idea
DrRoach
Poster
Poster

Post by e3cb on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:12 pm
([msg=76002]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

Agreed. It may also be good to have some sort of exam in the end. I could, for example, set up a box to be exploited. Something tougher and more realistic than metasploitable but still within the realm of possibility.
Do you even asm bruh?
e3cb
New User
New User

Post by DrRoach on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:34 pm
([msg=76003]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

e3cb wrote:
Agreed. It may also be good to have some sort of exam in the end. I could, for example, set up a box to be exploited. Something tougher and more realistic than metasploitable but still within the realm of possibility.

That sounds like a great idea aswell and if ninjexs' idea goes ahead as well you could post it at the end of the series as a final sort of test
DrRoach
Poster
Poster

Post by counterhash on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:44 am
([msg=76259]see Re: Metasploit Unleashed - Lets do this[/msg])

I'll be able to roll in on this around Monday/Tuesday next week. Sounds like heaps of fun!
If you use del \system32\ and not rm - rf / you are quite clearly doing it wrong.
counterhash
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to General