What To Do

General technological topics without their own forum go here

What To Do

Post by kduders5000 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:47 pm
([msg=74823]see What To Do[/msg])

So I'm a teenager interested in technology. I've read Little Brother and Homeland and got really interested. I was into IT before as well. So I know HTML and CSS and I'm learning Javascript. I run Ubuntu through my USB. I don't have it installed on my computer. I know about Tor and proxies and other little things. My question is: What should I learn and where should I go now? Any help will be appreciated.
kduders5000
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What To Do

Post by limdis on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:28 pm
([msg=74824]see Re: What To Do[/msg])

It sounds like you already have a good base to stand on and aren't literally starting from square one. Start researching network/website security and see what interests you. A lot of us here have a particular specialty because that is what interests us. You've already got a good start on the challenges too, so that is good.

What would you like to learn? What do you know about that you have been meaning to learn more about? Your question is really specific for every person. I can tell you a whole lot about hacking wireless networks but you might be really interested in programming viruses. See what I mean?
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Re: What To Do

Post by kduders5000 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:15 pm
([msg=74850]see Re: What To Do[/msg])

Yup, I understand what you're saying. IT is such a big field that it's kinda daunting to figure out what to do. I'm going to start taking Cryptography 1 course at Coursera, a Intro to Computer Science course to learn python at Udacity, and I'll keep learning Javascript and other languages at my school. Lol even though it's highly unlikely I'll go into anything IT related. Thanks for the help!(no sarcasm)
kduders5000
New User
New User

Return to General