Hidden Anonymous Website Communication(PHP,TOR,IRC)

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

Hidden Anonymous Website Communication(PHP,TOR,IRC)

Post by sassafra on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:50 pm
([msg=74307]see Hidden Anonymous Website Communication(PHP,TOR,IRC)[/msg])

I'm trying to find an easy dependable way for a website with PHP/curl to get simple small pre-defined TEXT content from a source of mine that is more or less hidden to the person viewing the PHP code or server admin. For example, these questions come to mind:

- Could Standard Curl connect to a tor/onion website to fetch simple text content?
- Could Standard Curl connect to an IRC channel/site/node to fetch simple text content?
- Is there any other mostly 'universal' way for doing something like this WITHOUT installing any software, nor having server access?

Basically, I have software I sell that needs to fetch text from a main source, without most users knowing/being able to trace that down to my home server/website/etc....
sassafra
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hidden Anonymous Website Communication(PHP,TOR,IRC)

Post by weekend hacker on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:43 pm
([msg=74316]see Re: Hidden Anonymous Website Communication(PHP,TOR,IRC)[/msg])

-1) Nope
-2) Nope
-3) Sure.
It's easy enough to have php connect to an irc server, collect some text somewhere and what not.
There is no way to hide this fact though, anyone looking at the code could notice it and any admin looking at the outbound connections would also notice it. I suppose you could always try to make your code obscure looking so its hard to tell.
But in general it's considered bad practise to backdoor your clients, I can't think of any legit reason why it's required.
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Programming