WebLanguage and SoftwareLanguage

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

Re: WebLanguage and SoftwareLanguage

Post by centip3de on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:07 pm
([msg=73295]see Re: WebLanguage and SoftwareLanguage[/msg])

KthProg wrote:This is highly opinion based but
IMO web languages are much more complicated and often more scripting-style languages.
usually web languages are verbose and difficult to read despite doing the same thing as a software language expect over a TCP/IP connection.
I don't know why this is, I think it's because the web changes so fast that web language developers don't have the time to pretty up the syntax, they just need it to run.
oftentimes things you would think are simple are very complicated in web languages, like connecting to an XML file.

software languages, for whatever reason, usually have a much clearer syntax, are much less verbose, and are much less diverse.

oddly enough, youll likely get paid more to develop software, despite how difficult web programming is (relatively)

btw, this is all seriously biased opinion lol

Glad you stated it was opinion, as I didn't agree with the majority of it.

KthProg wrote:and centipede, VB.NET and C# are very commonly used for web pages (through the ASP.Net framework)

And so are Python or Java. However, they're not as common as HTML/CSS/Javascript/PHP.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: WebLanguage and SoftwareLanguage

Post by KthProg on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:29 pm
([msg=73298]see Re: WebLanguage and SoftwareLanguage[/msg])

it is being used often enough now to be able to at least include 'ASP.Net' in the list though, even if it's technically not its own language.

I wouldn't mind hearing which parts you disagree with, youll probably be educating me (no joke) lol
I haven't used web languages often and im genuinely afraid of them lol
they seem really difficult.
also I don't count html as a programming language.
KthProg
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Programming