Free online programming course

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

Free online programming course

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:56 am
([msg=72202]see Free online programming course[/msg])

From the looks of it, it deals with functional and object oriented programming. I figured some might be interested.

https://www.coursera.org/course/proglang
User avatar
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Free online programming course

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:46 pm
([msg=72207]see Re: Free online programming course[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:From the looks of it, it deals with functional and object oriented programming. I figured some might be interested.

https://www.coursera.org/course/proglang


I would never pass up a chance to get better at OOP.

+++1
Thanks for the link!
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
User avatar
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Free online programming course

Post by mookalovesgloop on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:06 pm
([msg=72210]see Re: Free online programming course[/msg])

i tried to do one of these...it was an introductory course for python...the material and pace was fine, but the videos (even when i downloaded them) were REALLLLY buggy....just a note

peace
mooka
Image
gloop!
User avatar
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Free online programming course

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:43 am
([msg=72221]see Re: Free online programming course[/msg])

mookalovesgloop wrote:i tried to do one of these...it was an introductory course for python...the material and pace was fine, but the videos (even when i downloaded them) were REALLLLY buggy....just a note

peace
mooka


coursera is usually on point. I've done a couple other classes in the past and the videos were pretty good. Over all I thought it was done pretty professional for a free online course.
User avatar
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Free online programming course

Post by -Ninjex- on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:04 pm
([msg=72223]see Re: Free online programming course[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:
mookalovesgloop wrote:i tried to do one of these...it was an introductory course for python...the material and pace was fine, but the videos (even when i downloaded them) were REALLLLY buggy....just a note

peace
mooka


coursera is usually on point. I've done a couple other classes in the past and the videos were pretty good. Over all I thought it was done pretty professional for a free online course.


I signed up for a course, watch a few vids. Perfect quality from here.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
User avatar
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Free online programming course

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:54 am
([msg=72233]see Re: Free online programming course[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:
LoGiCaL__ wrote:
mookalovesgloop wrote:i tried to do one of these...it was an introductory course for python...the material and pace was fine, but the videos (even when i downloaded them) were REALLLLY buggy....just a note

peace
mooka


coursera is usually on point. I've done a couple other classes in the past and the videos were pretty good. Over all I thought it was done pretty professional for a free online course.


I signed up for a course, watch a few vids. Perfect quality from here.


Which one did you end up signing up for? I ended up taking the programming language course because I felt like it was time to get into functional programming. However, they do offer many.
User avatar
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: Free online programming course

Post by -Ninjex- on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:00 pm
([msg=72237]see Re: Free online programming course[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:Which one did you end up signing up for? I ended up taking the programming language course because I felt like it was time to get into functional programming. However, they do offer many.


I signed up for the introduction & training for the "R" program.
I thought it would be interesting, since I have never heard of it, it is a four week long course, and sounded like fun :)
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
User avatar
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)



Return to Programming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron