Help me with Tamper data on how to change price value

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

Help me with Tamper data on how to change price value

Post by Shimoli1964 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:53 am
([msg=70450]see Help me with Tamper data on how to change price value[/msg])

Hi there,
I am new to this forum and found on internet search that hackthissite.org is the best place to learn hacking.
I want you to help me with tamper data on how to use it to change price value on shopping cart websites, or any skills that you know :idea:
Shimoli1964
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Help me with Tamper data on how to change price value

Post by limdis on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:32 pm
([msg=70453]see Re: Help me with Tamper data on how to change price value[/msg])

Hmm... Ok here is what's going to happen with this thread. Shimoli1964, welcome to HTS. But something you must know about us, HackThisSite does not support illegal activities. Therefor, we won't do what you are asking. Normally this thread would get locked an buried. However, I can't think of the last time this specific area was discussed so let me redirect things here a bit. Shimoli what you are really trying to ask is this:

How do shopping carts on websites work and how are the prices be changed? What kind of potential vulnerabilities pose to be exploited if I decided I wanted to use one myself?
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Help me with Tamper data on how to change price value

Post by mShred on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:32 pm
([msg=70455]see Re: Help me with Tamper data on how to change price value[/msg])

Shimoli1964 wrote:How do shopping carts on websites work and how are the prices be changed? What kind of potential vulnerabilities pose to be exploited if I decided I wanted to use one myself?:

Great question Shimoli. Now, the way this works is dependent on the site or the template being used, as always. If the site was just thrown together by an amateur, your cart items could be carried through cookies. Then once you go to purchase an item, it might cross check the items in your cart to the prices in their database and then charge you the amount. This could get a lot more complex. Say you were to change the value being ran through on the purchase. Most sites would either run a secondary check after the matter to make sure the expected price was the about-to-be-paid price, and if something went wrong you could get an error message. Or they might just leave everything behind the scenes and tamper data wouldn't be able to pick anything up anyway. That's probably more likely, considering most people use commercial software for things like that and they are generally secure against the average day tamper-data user. If you could get superuser privileges on their database, you'd have a hell of a lot more chance of changing a price for an item. But that's a completely different topic to be talked about.
Shimoli1964, I thank you for your time and questioning. Welcome to HTS, where what matters most, is satisfaction. 100% guaranteed.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Programming