Since Lua isn't used as much as other languages, it doesn't have a million simple tutorials for it. However, it is still a fun language to learn and useful for beginners. You can find the official Lua documentation at http://www.lua.org/docs.html
. I could write you a five hundred page book on Lua but I honestly don't have the time for it. If you need explainations of something, feel free to ask, but be precise.
If you are completely new to it, here's a check list of things you MUST know how to do in Lua in order to program it well:
- different types of variables and values (including nil, boolean, number, string, function, and table)
- functions (obviously)
- for loops
- while loops
- logic operations and if statements
- string manipulation functions
- table manipulation functions
- and of course the print() function
Again, if you want something specific, just ask.