I could use some help :)

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

I could use some help :)

Post by 1grand on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:28 pm
([msg=68132]see I could use some help :)[/msg])

I am fairly new to programming. I understand some basic concepts such as Variables Loops things like that and i have a basic knowledge of how programming works. I read a book on python and learned a bit from there. I was wondering if anybody knew of sources where i could expand my knowledge of programming that would be useful in situations like Hack this site.
Thanks in advance! :D
1grand
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I could use some help :)

Post by anarchy420x on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:38 am
([msg=68135]see Re: I could use some help :)[/msg])

What language? Python? :arrow: Python
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:58 am
([msg=68139]see Re: I could use some help :)[/msg])

It really does depend on what language you want to learn. From the looks of it, it's python. There is more than enough tutorials on the internet also books from amazon or your local book store should also have some good resources. The most important part is actually writing out the code and not just reading it. Change the code which is being taught and play around with it, make it break or do things within your current know how.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by 1grand on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:10 am
([msg=68140]see Re: I could use some help :)[/msg])

Thanks for the advice I am just not sure if python is as useful as Java, or C++ for making games because that is a goal of mine. Also i don't know if it is useful for the challenges on this site. That's why i haven't been sure what to do.
1grand
New User
New User

Return to Programming