I'm looking for a programmer

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

I'm looking for a programmer

Post by Loney on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:56 am
([msg=68084]see I'm looking for a programmer[/msg])

Hi guys, I'm not a company, I'm just a college student trying to develop this new software. I'd like someone who's good at programming to partner up with me because, obviously, two heads are better than one.

I'm looking for someone who:
[list=]
[*]Knows at least two of these: Java, C, C++, C#
[*]Is either in university or has completed 1.5+ of university in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, or math) field
[*]Is fluent in English and has good reading and writing skills
[*]Has an email address that they check daily
[/list]

If you think you fit the criteria here, you can write a post filling this out:

What programming languages do you know and how well do you know them?
What university do/did you go to and for how long? What degree(s) do you have?
How often do you check HTS?
Do you have a job?
Loney
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I'm looking for a programmer

Post by centip3de on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:38 pm
([msg=68090]see Re: I'm looking for a programmer[/msg])

Loney wrote:Hi guys, I'm not a company, I'm just a college student trying to develop this new software. I'd like someone who's good at programming to partner up with me because, obviously, two heads are better than one.

I'm looking for someone who:
[list=]
[*]Knows at least two of these: Java, C, C++, C#
[*]Is either in university or has completed 1.5+ of university in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, or math) field
[*]Is fluent in English and has good reading and writing skills
[*]Has an email address that they check daily
[/list]

If you think you fit the criteria here, you can write a post filling this out:

What programming languages do you know and how well do you know them?
Do you have a job?

I'll just comment on this...

1. If you have no skill with programming, nobody is going to do it for you for free.
2. Why would you want them to be through college? I guarantee you that I (someone who isn't in college) know more than a first year computer science major student in the programming field.
3. Why would you post on a hacking forum about a programming opportunity? Seems like you would rather want to post on a programming forum...
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Loney on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:43 pm
([msg=68096]see Re: I'm looking for a programmer[/msg])

I just want to add that I can program, but I only know stuff like Visual Basic, Pascal, TI-BASIC, Batch, and AutoHotKey. The main reason I'm looking for a second programmer is because two heads are better than one.
Loney
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:11 pm
([msg=68097]see Re: I'm looking for a programmer[/msg])

Loney your request is fine, and in the right section. Cent can be a little abrasive at times, don't take it personally.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by ghost107 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:05 pm
([msg=68121]see Re: I'm looking for a programmer[/msg])

centip3de wrote:2. Why would you want them to be through college? I guarantee you that I (someone who isn't in college) know more than a first year computer science major student in the programming field.

In the first year first semester general objects(like math, physics, etc), the second semester you get general stuff(math II, physics II, etc) and learning about programming languages, and data structures.

From the second year you start with the advance stuff on your domain. Usually in the first year the IT specialization is combined with Computers specializations, on the second year they teach different stuff depending on the specialization.

Loney wrote:What programming languages do you know and how well do you know them?
Do you have a job?

1)I think I know a lot (from imperative languages to functional ones):
2)I have been to 2 Universities for 6 years, I have a degree in Information Technologies, and one in Distributed Systems and Web Technologies
3)daily
4) Yea I do

But if you want some help just post in this section and I will try to help you as much as I can.

Loney wrote:I just want to add that I can program, but I only know stuff like Visual Basic, Pascal, TI-BASIC, Batch, and AutoHotKey. The main reason I'm looking for a second programmer is because two heads are better than one

I think you should start learning programming not by language specific but by generic stuff(for example pseudo code, and flow diagrams, algorithms,Object Oriented, Design Patterns, data structures, etc).
ghost107
Poster
Poster

Post by Wh3nSharxByte on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:05 am
([msg=71271]see Re: I'm looking for a programmer[/msg])

I have an extensive knowledge in QBASIC (Microsoft QuickBASIC 7.1 IDE) and I've even wrote up my own programming language from it. Only had a few commands but I might take it up again. I've neglected to practice because it's gotten boring but if there's anything that could possibly come out of it I'm willing to help. A programming language called Rapid-Q runs on 32/64 bit computers and uses the BASIC keywords, functions and syntax while also integrating a visual basic style windows applications with buttons/progress bars/file menus etc. Not in college, plan to though, been programming (in QB) for about 7 years. Learning C++, but slowly cause of the "language barrier" and gaps between programming concepts. Email is wh3nsharxbyte@gmail.com, I check this regularly. If you need more regular contact I have XFIRE http://xfire.com/download and I host a chatroom which can be accessed at most any time. PM me if you need the password for it. I may have missed a field but meh, I'll edit later. It's 2AM here.
Wh3nSharxByte
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:46 pm
([msg=71346]see Re: I'm looking for a programmer[/msg])

Wh3nSharxByte wrote:I have an extensive knowledge in QBASIC (Microsoft QuickBASIC 7.1 IDE) and I've even wrote up my own programming language from it. Only had a few commands but I might take it up again. I've neglected to practice because it's gotten boring but if there's anything that could possibly come out of it I'm willing to help. A programming language called Rapid-Q runs on 32/64 bit computers and uses the BASIC keywords, functions and syntax while also integrating a visual basic style windows applications with buttons/progress bars/file menus etc. Not in college, plan to though, been programming (in QB) for about 7 years. Learning C++, but slowly cause of the "language barrier" and gaps between programming concepts. Email is wh3nsharxbyte@gmail.com, I check this regularly. If you need more regular contact I have XFIRE http://xfire.com/download and I host a chatroom which can be accessed at most any time. PM me if you need the password for it. I may have missed a field but meh, I'll edit later. It's 2AM here.

The OP hasn't been back for almost 6 months, I doubt he's coming back. Make sure you check the date on topics before posting on them.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to Programming