Kind of new to programing and in need of some help.

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

Kind of new to programing and in need of some help.

Post by Thehappyguy on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:11 pm
([msg=65436]see Kind of new to programing and in need of some help.[/msg])

Kind of new to programing and if people had time i want some answers to a couple of questions?

1.I am lerning c++ at the moment, but i find it hard to understand how to use it (more then make programs).I would also be happy if any one could guide me to what more language's to learn.

Best Regards Thehappyguy
Thehappyguy
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Kind of new to programing and in need of some help.

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:28 pm
([msg=65437]see Re: Kind of new to programing and in need of some help.[/msg])

Perl or Java or PHP would be a good next step but it doesn't sound like you know C++ very well and you should probably stick with it. It's a good language to know.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by centip3de on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:56 pm
([msg=65447]see Re: Kind of new to programing and in need of some help.[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Perl Python or Java or PHP would be a good next step but it doesn't sound like you know C++ very well and you should probably stick with it. It's a good language to know.

Corrected.

@OP: You need to learn at _least_ one programming language inside and out before moving to another. Once you've more or less mastered one language, you'll be able to pick up others quicker, and understand their concepts quicker.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Thehappyguy on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:36 am
([msg=65469]see Re: Kind of new to programing and in need of some help.[/msg])

Thanks, and ye im still learning the c++ and its alot to learn.
I am just learning how to creat simple programs to use in cmd (im using dev-c++) and i find it really fun. But you are right i dont really know enough yet. Just where woundering how you could go from knowing c++ to hacking?

Best regards Thehappyguy

PS, I have a awesome username dont i ;)
Thehappyguy
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:51 pm
([msg=65477]see Re: Kind of new to programing and in need of some help.[/msg])

Thehappyguy wrote:Thanks, and ye im still learning the c++ and its alot to learn.
I am just learning how to creat simple programs to use in cmd (im using dev-c++) and i find it really fun. But you are right i dont really know enough yet. Just where woundering how you could go from knowing c++ to hacking?

Best regards Thehappyguy

PS, I have a awesome username dont i ;)

Knowing a programming language helps you understand how other programs work, and thus how to break other programs.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to Programming