other ways to write html tags?

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

other ways to write html tags?

Post by kiniamaro on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:03 pm
([msg=64980]see other ways to write html tags?[/msg])

Hey all! I was recently looking up for vulnerability's on my website that i made with blogspot. has i tried to inject codes into a comment field it gave me the following warning:"Your HTML cannot be accepted: Tag is not allowed: h1" so it got me thinking...

is it possible to write html tags using something other then just the standard syntax. what i mean is that for exemple is it possible to write my <h1> tag with his ascii equivalent or its hex value?

I know this is probably a noob question but hey!, thats what i am!

thanks
kiniamaro
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: other ways to write html tags?

Post by tremor77 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:49 am
([msg=64989]see Re: other ways to write html tags?[/msg])

That really depends on the page and how it is setup. Factors include the content management system, form input filter settings and more...

Perhaps you can do H1 (heading 1) with shortcode or BBcode. Something like this:

Code: Select all
[h1]something[/h1]

Maybe you can sneak something in using the character codes, who knows.. all depends on filtering of various specials characters and how the form interprets the postdata.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: other ways to write html tags?

Post by mShred on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:33 am
([msg=65006]see Re: other ways to write html tags?[/msg])

I'm not entirely sure what OP is asking.. But if for some reason, you don't want to use h1 or whatever, you can always use your own.
Code: Select all
<html>
<heyhey><b> TESTING TESTING </b></heyhey>
</html>

Just make sure you mess with the fonts and whatnot to create a more header affect.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Programming