Website Design Using a .swf

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

Website Design Using a .swf

Post by SkaterKid on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:30 pm
([msg=8923]see Website Design Using a .swf[/msg])

I have been more or less obsessed with this web site that I have been designing. I am a little young, in high school and have recently had to quit my job to prepare for my upcoming school semester. I was reading into google the AdSense and thought it would be cool to try it out, and besides I have a great idea for a website. It started out as something that I was going to do on my spare time but for the last couple of days I have been waking up at 8am and spending pretty much my hole day, which is till about 12:30am trying to get this web site started. It is no longer about google's AdSense, or making money but more or less just having a website and the freedom to say what I want to the world. I have a domain and host, and also a basic knowledge of HTML. The problem is that I have created the bulk site with MX flash and exporting the project as a .swf so that I could utilize action script. I recently had the simple problem of not being able to stretch a single .jpg as the background of the site. This was solved with the solution provided at this web site http://webdesign.about.com/od/css3/f/blfaqbgsize.htm which involved me creating a CSS file. So now since my web site is composed mostly of a .swf my problem is ho do I stretch a .swf to cover the hole background of the page. HTML tags do exist to display .swf's (<embed src="video.swf">) so shouldn't a cascading style sheet allow me to manipulate the embed tag as I did with the img tag for the background image? I have tried all day to make it work and hope someone can help. If anyone needs the source for my .css file or my main web pages source just as and I will post it thanks for the help.

... ohh and if this post belongs in the web section anyone feel free to tell me so thanks.
SkaterKid
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Website Design Using a .swf

Post by L0DER on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:35 am
([msg=9169]see Re: Website Design Using a .swf[/msg])

Do you want the whole to be one big flash file?
L0DER
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Programming