running python in windows or linux?

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

running python in windows or linux?

Post by flagrl on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:26 pm
([msg=8171]see running python in windows or linux?[/msg])

what is the difference between running python in window's and linux? what one is better?
flagrl
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: running python in windows or linux?

Post by nathandelane on Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:48 am
([msg=8235]see Re: running python in windows or linux?[/msg])

There isn't a difference - the language is exactly the same. The only difference is the fielsystem and the kernel, so anything dealing directly with those may function differently, but I don't know that there is anything much that does. Python is a cross-platform-compatible language. You just have to make sure, if you use third party libraries, to install them, on either OS.
Me, Nathandelane, Highly influential to Hackerdom, Premature Optimization=http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PrematureOptimization
nathandelane
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: running python in windows or linux?

Post by thedotmaster on Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:04 pm
([msg=8421]see Re: running python in windows or linux?[/msg])

nathandelane wrote:There isn't a difference - the language is exactly the same. The only difference is the fielsystem and the kernel, so anything dealing directly with those may function differently, but I don't know that there is anything much that does. Python is a cross-platform-compatible language. You just have to make sure, if you use third party libraries, to install them, on either OS.

Yep, and also if you use direct links in scripts you need to make sure they change. Oh and also if you use shell scripts (e.g. "os.system("ls")") then you need to use batch commands for Windows.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Programming