light table

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

light table

Post by pretentious on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:28 pm
([msg=79280]see light table[/msg])

anyone played with light table? I haven't had much time on my hands but youtube makes it look pretty sexy
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: light table

Post by Tentra on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:14 pm
([msg=79283]see Re: light table[/msg])

I used it a few versions back, it was a neat concept but didn't feel ready for continued use. I know the supported languages were a bit lacking, the creator is an avid LISP user and originally prototyped it for use with Clojure. I can't speak if they have added more language support. I'll probably download it and play around for a bit, I'll try to post back if I think there's anything cool.
Tentra
Poster
Poster

Re: light table

Post by centip3de on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:31 am
([msg=79285]see Re: light table[/msg])

Tentra wrote:I used it a few versions back, it was a neat concept but didn't feel ready for continued use. I know the supported languages were a bit lacking, the creator is an avid LISP user and originally prototyped it for use with Clojure. I can't speak if they have added more language support. I'll probably download it and play around for a bit, I'll try to post back if I think there's anything cool.

He's an avid Clojure user which is a LISP. Yes, there is a difference.

Also, a bit more on topic, I love Light Table. It's an amazing thing. Except the fat that it doesn't have support for stdin yet... Yes. They don't have support for reading input... which is a deal breaker for me. So until then, I'll stick to good-ol' VIM.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to Programming