HTML Editors

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

HTML Editors

Post by murkit on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:12 pm
([msg=77927]see HTML Editors[/msg])

what html programmer should I get? :?:

Split and moved to the correct subforum.
murkit
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

HTML Editor

Post by Goatboy on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:13 pm
([msg=77928]see HTML Editor[/msg])

Not only are you posting in the wrong area, but your questions does not make sense. Do you want a text editor? Windows, go Notepad++. Linux go vim. Mac go away.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Re: HTML Editors

Post by mShred on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:18 pm
([msg=77961]see Re: HTML Editors[/msg])

I use nano on my dedicated for everything. Some people like vi/vim. But that's just opinion.
Being so used to nano I can not stand using anything else that isn't terminal based. I used to like Notepad++, but I can't stand it. The tabbing shit is what pisses me off most. But meh. It's all opinionated.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: HTML Editor

Post by centip3de on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:38 pm
([msg=77962]see Re: HTML Editor[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:Mac go away.

It's funny because most things that work on Linux, also work on OS X, like vim...

Anywho, OP, go VIM or go home.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Re: HTML Editor

Post by WallShadow on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:51 am
([msg=77964]see Re: HTML Editor[/msg])

centip3de wrote: ... It's funny because most things that work on Linux, also work on OS X ...

But because of the nature of mac there are tons of much prettier, albiet less functional and tons more expensive, tools for mac than for linux.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mShred on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:00 am
([msg=77965]see Re: HTML Editors[/msg])

On a serious note. Even if you don't like Vim, you can still code. Like I said, it's all opinionated.
Don't listen to les douches badasses ^ telling you to go home... :P Because I can assure you I don't use vim, and I'm not the one going home.

Fixed

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by Goatboy on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:25 pm
([msg=77968]see Re: HTML Editors[/msg])

I am well aware that vim runs on Mac. That doesn't change the fact that you payed way too much for a pretty apple logo.
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Post by centip3de on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:54 pm
([msg=77969]see Re: HTML Editors[/msg])

Goatboy wrote:I am well aware that vim runs on Mac. That doesn't change the fact that you payed way too much for a pretty apple logo.

This is neither the time, nor the place to have a Mac vs Pc vs Linux debate (which, let's be honest, never resolves anything and just makes everyone cranky). If you'd like to have one, make a new topic, or send me a PM on here or on IRC.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by hellow533 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:26 pm
([msg=77970]see Re: HTML Editors[/msg])

centip3de wrote:
Goatboy wrote:I am well aware that vim runs on Mac. That doesn't change the fact that you payed way too much for a pretty apple logo.

This is neither the time, nor the place to have a Mac vs Pc vs Linux debate (which, let's be honest, never resolves anything and just makes everyone cranky). If you'd like to have one, make a new topic, or send me a PM on here or on IRC.

We all already know who would win.

OP, you never answered his question. What OS do you use?
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Goatboy on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:17 pm
([msg=77972]see Re: HTML Editors[/msg])

centip3de wrote:

Yes'a mas'sa. I keeps this reeaaaal on topic. Come on, the cent I knew didn't give two shits if a thread got derailed. Then again, the HTS I knew didn't give two shits if a thread existed in the first place.

On topic: Waiting for OP
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Programming