Getting input in ASM

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

Getting input in ASM

Post by 0phidian on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:39 pm
([msg=74687]see Getting input in ASM[/msg])

Hey cent(since I know you'll be the one to respond to this), how do you get user input in assembly(intel 32bit). I've been looking all over the interwebs and can not for the life of me find a way to do this. Also I hope you continue your NASM articles, good info on ASM is so hard to find.
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Getting input in ASM

Post by centip3de on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:40 pm
([msg=74741]see Re: Getting input in ASM[/msg])

0phidian wrote:Hey cent(since I know you'll be the one to respond to this), how do you get user input in assembly(intel 32bit). I've been looking all over the interwebs and can not for the life of me find a way to do this. Also I hope you continue your NASM articles, good info on ASM is so hard to find.

I'm not going to answer this because I was planning on doing that for my next tutorial (which should be up in a day or two) and I don't feel like reveling the answer just yet. Soon you shall be enlightened though, soon.

Side note: I really don't feel like going into the depth that the answer deserves in a forum post anyway.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Re: Getting input in ASM

Post by 0phidian on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:41 pm
([msg=74761]see Re: Getting input in ASM[/msg])

*patiently waiting
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Return to Programming