How to remove a error massage function from a software?

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

How to remove a error massage function from a software?

Post by Powermun50 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:08 am
([msg=71869]see How to remove a error massage function from a software?[/msg])

I am trying to modify an application named Usb Autorun software by oliv. This software is useful for me.But an error massage is boring me.When i plug a blank memory card reader a error massage appear on monitor,here it is(Usb AutoRun-No Disk There is no drive in the disk please insert a disk into drive \device\harddisk\DR4).Now i am trying to disable it but don't know how to do that.And hopefully i am asking you to help,me to modify that software to disable No disk error massage.I'll be glad to see your reply. thank you...
Powermun50
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How to remove a error massage function from a software?

Post by centip3de on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:24 pm
([msg=71872]see Re: How to remove a error massage function from a software?[/msg])

Powermun50 wrote:I am trying to modify an application named Usb Autorun software by oliv. This software is useful for me.But an error massage is boring me.When i plug a blank memory card reader a error massage appear on monitor,here it is(Usb AutoRun-No Disk There is no drive in the disk please insert a disk into drive \device\harddisk\DR4).Now i am trying to disable it but don't know how to do that.And hopefully i am asking you to help,me to modify that software to disable No disk error massage.I'll be glad to see your reply. thank you...

Unless you have the source code to the program, you'll need to reverse engineering it, which really isn't that hard at all. Look up Lena's Reverse Engineering tutorials.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by mShred on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:23 am
([msg=71906]see Re: How to remove a error massage function from a software?[/msg])

cent^ I would have expected you to give a more detailed explanation...
Though that would be pretty easy. Reverse engineering applications aren't that bad. Any good tutorial (what cent said) should suffice.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by centip3de on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:57 pm
([msg=71932]see Re: How to remove a error massage function from a software?[/msg])

mShred wrote:cent^ I would have expected you to give a more detailed explanation...

Twas busy at the time, will do better next time.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to Programming