Do cute girls exist on HTS?

Random things go here

Re: Do cute girls exist on HTS?

Post by KthProg on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:22 pm
([msg=73312]see Re: Do cute girls exist on HTS?[/msg])

actually yeah the only distinction i see is between BASIC based languages and C based languages.
once you learn the concepts it does start to feel an awful lot like learning another dialect rather than another language
VB-->basic
C#-->C
C++->C
Python-->basic
java-->C
php-->C

most draw from c

java is just plain amazing.
java must have the largest library and the most capabilities of any language, however i think it would take the longest time to learn too, im still trying to find a decent ide so i can learn it.

Maybe we should move this thread now lol
esp. since im gonna drop a bomb no one will agree with.

i think we should standardize languages and all their libraries and capabilities into one language with different modes.
KthProg
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by mShred on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:36 pm
([msg=73314]see Re: Do cute girls exist on HTS?[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:Don't worry, I nearly got called a maniac for saying that I feel that some programming languages are the same.
I mean it's generally just a bit of syntax switching from the high level languages I know: Python, JavaScript, and almost done learning C++. They all seem similar to me xD
Right now I am looking forward to Java next, as it seems very different in syntax and what it can/can not do.

I find this very odd.. First I like how you said almost done learning C++. :P Young one, you will learn that you never fully learn a language. But even so. I find it weird that you'd say python, JS and C++ seem similar. I honestly couldn't disagree with you more. Of course it's just an opinion, I suppose. Python has a very laxed syntax. C++ has a strict syntax.. IMO, if I had to compare them, I'd say Java is A LOT more related to C++ than python.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by fashizzlepop on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:38 pm
([msg=73315]see Re: Do cute girls exist on HTS?[/msg])

I'm not going to say another word about that^, but C# and Java are probably the closest languages I've worked with.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by KthProg on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:50 pm
([msg=73316]see Re: Do cute girls exist on HTS?[/msg])

They both came from C and they're both ambitious languages that extend its functionaility.
But yeah its accepted that languages are divided into basic based and c based
i personally prefer basic based languages because they're faster to write and easier to read.
unfortunately there are no low-level basic based languages though.
i would say python and Vbdotnet are practically the same language though
and yeah same for java and c++
and also yeah i learn something new about VB at least every week.
Last edited by KthProg on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KthProg
Poster
Poster

Post by 0phidian on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:51 pm
([msg=73317]see Re: Do cute girls exist on HTS?[/msg])

mShred wrote:
-Ninjex- wrote:Don't worry, I nearly got called a maniac for saying that I feel that some programming languages are the same.
I mean it's generally just a bit of syntax switching from the high level languages I know: Python, JavaScript, and almost done learning C++. They all seem similar to me xD
Right now I am looking forward to Java next, as it seems very different in syntax and what it can/can not do.

I find this very odd.. First I like how you said almost done learning C++. :P Young one, you will learn that you never fully learn a language. But even so. I find it weird that you'd say python, JS and C++ seem similar. I honestly couldn't disagree with you more. Of course it's just an opinion, I suppose. Python has a very laxed syntax. C++ has a strict syntax.. IMO, if I had to compare them, I'd say Java is A LOT more related to C++ than python.

I think he just means that all high level languages are basically the same other than syntax. In the sense that they all have functions, conditional statements, ect. I agree with that. Of course they have they all have differences, but once you know one language learning another is basically just a matter of getting down the syntax.

This is a bit off topic though, lets get back to disscussing cute girls.
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Post by KthProg on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:54 pm
([msg=73318]see Re: Do cute girls exist on HTS?[/msg])

0phidian wrote:
mShred wrote:

I think he just means that all high level languages are basically the same other than syntax. In the sense that they all have functions, conditional statements, ect. I agree with that. Of course they have they all have differences, but once you know one language learning another is basically just a matter of getting down the syntax.

I just wanted to see what would happen if i triple quoted lol
Yeah lets
does anyone know of the existence of any cute chicks on this particular domain? lol
KthProg
Poster
Poster

Post by -Ninjex- on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:55 pm
([msg=73319]see Re: Do cute girls exist on HTS?[/msg])

mShred wrote:I find this very odd.. First I like how you said almost done learning C++. :P Young one, you will learn that you never fully learn a language.

Yeah, I get the odd part a lot haha
Sad face :cry: let me rephrase, I am almost done with the course xD

mShred wrote:But even so. I find it weird that you'd say python, JS and C++ seem similar. I honestly couldn't disagree with you more. Of course it's just an opinion, I suppose. Python has a very laxed syntax. C++ has a strict syntax.. IMO, if I had to compare them, I'd say Java is A LOT more related to C++ than python.

I always program using whitespace, whether it is required or not, as I think it helps make it easier to debug/read if need be; so this usually doesn't bother me.
I was mainly talking about how you use keywords, such as in C++ a for statement is:
Code: Select all
for (int a = 0; a <= 10; a++)
{
cout >> a;
}

and in Python it would be:
for a in range(11):
    print a

That's what I mean by different in syntax. I feel JavaScript is more like C++
Python is kind of similar too, using headers among others, but syntax wise, I feel JavaScript and C++ are closer.

-- Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:57 pm --

0phidian wrote:

That's exactly what I mean!

I agree, we are off topic, let's talk about the hts hotties.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by 0phidian on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:58 pm
([msg=73320]see Re: Do cute girls exist on HTS?[/msg])

limdis wrote:If you are curious about some of our members, sometimes they post pictures.
https://www.hackthissite.org/user/gallery

I cant help but notice all the cute ones either have 0 points and/or havent logged in in forever. Damn. :|
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Post by KthProg on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:00 pm
([msg=73321]see Re: Do cute girls exist on HTS?[/msg])

well yeah see that on the bottom? im assuming that's python.

basic syntax reads more like English whereas C syntax reads more like...a programming language lol

but yeah these statements are in every language in some form...

me/this,property,dim,private,public,void,function,sub,if then,else,elseif,goto...?,resume,exit,for,[next],while,do while,loop,step,select case,for each,cant remember the keyword for user defined types but that too (would be struct in c++ i think),class,import,option,static
maybe some i missed
so learning another language just means learning these for each language, then the namespaces.

ALSO: conditional compilers

-- Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:02 pm --

Are there any HTS hotties? lol
lemme know if you spot them

there were some cute chicks in the photo gallery however i didn't have the time to run through them all lol

in vb that statement is
For i as byte = 0 to 10 step 1
tab--> MsgBox(CStr(i))
Next

the step is optional as is initializing the i variable [as byte]
but i do both for clarity

Cstr() to convert to a string

idk if it matters but you really want to do a type conversion to string before you print out a number
not sure if it actually has to implicitly convert there but avoiding implicit conversions is very goodlol

also use byte data type for small numbers not integer. lol
Last edited by KthProg on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 9 times in total.
KthProg
Poster
Poster

Post by mShred on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:05 pm
([msg=73322]see Re: Do cute girls exist on HTS?[/msg])

You people.. You're the reason that the ladies don't come here. And when they do, they lurk :evil:

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic