Password List

Random things go here

Re: Password List

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 pm
([msg=72855]see Re: Password List[/msg])

KthProg wrote:
-Ninjex- wrote:
KthProg wrote:ei -idk...lol

reign

how appropriate 0_o muahahaha lol
reign o'er the accounts of the interweb
also I'm not sure how most brute forcers work but id think the best way to do it if you wanted it to be fast(not pretty) would be nesting for each statements iterating through an array of valid symbols and letters. 16 nested for each statements will iterate through every possible 16 character password. maybe ill even try that real quick to see how long it takes. my bet is about 3 minutes maybe not even that long.

Every 16 character combination??
You know that would include uppercase, lowercase, upper and lowercase, and symbols...

So lets just take hello1, that could be:
hello1
Hello1
hEllo1
heLlo1
helLo1
hellO1
HEllo1
HeLlo1
HelLo1
HellO1
HELlo1
etc, the list goes on...
This is only one 6 character word without symbols...
16 characters would be ridiculous....
Last edited by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:18 pm
([msg=72856]see Re: Password List[/msg])

Even in a compiled language (vs. VB) that is going to take an extremely long time.

Assuming just letters are in the password we get 56^16 combinations, http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=52%5E16

That includes upper and lowercase letters.

If you can calculate 1 million hashes a second (highly optimistic) you get, 91 trillion years to compute, http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=52%5E16+%2F1000000+seconds+in+years
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by KthProg on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:34 pm
([msg=72857]see Re: Password List[/msg])

heres the code lol im gonna run it lol

Code: Select all
    Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        'really simple shit lol
        Dim charArray() As String = {"a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f", "g", "h", "i", "j", "k", "l", "m", "n", "o", "p", "q", "r", "s", "t", "u", "v", "w", _
                      "x", "y", "z", "A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F", "G", "H", "I", "J", "K", "L", "M", "N", "O", "P", "Q", "R", "S", "T", _
                      "U", "V", "W", "X", "Y", "Z", "~", "!", "@", "#", "$", "%", "^", "&", "*", "(", ")", "_", "+", "{", "}", "|", ":", _
                      """", "<", ">", "?", "`", "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "0", "-", "=", "[", "]", "\", ";", "'", "," _
                        , ".", "/"}

Dim element, element2, element3, element4, element5, element6, element7, element8, element9, element10, _
            element11, element12, element13, element14, element15, element16 As String

Dim passComs As String = ""

For Each element In charArray
            For Each element2 In charArray
                For Each element3 In charArray
                    For Each element4 In charArray
                        For Each element5 In charArray
                            For Each element6 In charArray
                                For Each element7 In charArray
                                    For Each element8 In charArray
                                        For Each element9 In charArray
                                            For Each element10 In charArray
                                                For Each element11 In charArray
                                                    For Each element12 In charArray
                                                        For Each element13 In charArray
                                                            For Each element14 In charArray
                                                                For Each element15 In charArray
                                                                    For Each element16 In charArray
                                                                        passComs = element & element2 & element3 & element4 _
                                                                            & element5 & element6 & element7 & element8 _
                                                                            & element9 & element10 & element11 & element12 _
                                                                            & element13 & element14 & element15 & element16
                                                                    Next
                                                                Next
                                                            Next
                                                        Next
                                                    Next
                                                Next
                                            Next
                                        Next
                                    Next
                                Next
                            Next
                        Next
                    Next
                Next
            Next
        Next

End Sub

-- Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:34 pm --

It looks much neater in VB lol

93 characters all keyboard symbols all numbers all letters upper and lower case my PC wouldnt be the best to run it on though I need to go buy more memory. Ill run it on my Tower later.

what about for 8 letter combos? thats usually minimum
I could conditionally compile the last 8 for each statements depending on what the user wants
Last edited by KthProg on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KthProg
Poster
Poster

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:38 pm
([msg=72858]see Re: Password List[/msg])

I bet your computer overheats and crashes/fries

Using 93 different characters at 8 length it would still take forever...

With the above, if you could take in 10,000,000 combinations at a time, it would still take you nearly 18 yeaers...

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=93 ... s+in+years
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by KthProg on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:52 pm
([msg=72859]see Re: Password List[/msg])

I wonder if optimization with those letter combinations would make it closer to reality then.
lol or just eff it and use the english dictionary..
yeah i ran it for about 30 seconds and got through 1.24 e-6 combinations out of "1" ...i think lol
so 0.00000124/1 combinations in 30 seconds and I got worried because the processor was at 100% and hot as hell lol.
but memory usage was only at 80% and thats on 512Mb of memory.
45 years by my calculation lol
And this is not even remotely a new processor or even a powerful one.

-- Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:53 pm --

my tower should be approx 4 times as fast so about 11 years lollllll

-- Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:57 pm --

Oh i know why its 18 years, I didnt account for passwords of less length, but i dont need to because 8 is the minimum
KthProg
Poster
Poster

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:00 pm
([msg=72861]see Re: Password List[/msg])

That doesn't seem logical that your computer could take in over 10 million hashes at a time??
What is the specs on it? I need that :twisted:

-- Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:03 pm --

KthProg wrote:Oh i know why its 18 years, I didnt account for passwords of less length, but i dont need to because 8 is the minimum

Don't you mean 8 is the maximum??
If 8 is the minimum, then wouldn't it check hashes for 8+ character length which would be infinite....???

So I belive you meant that 8 is the maximum, but you still need to account for everything 1-8 characters. Just becuase 8 is the maximum does not make it the minimum...
Last edited by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by KthProg on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:04 pm
([msg=72862]see Re: Password List[/msg])

lol er it is a work PC from my moms old work and shes the IT person for the IT people lol "senior business analyst" so it might have some upgrades i dont know about lol.

its an HP has centrino duo
only thing i can think of is that the motherboard graphics card processor and memory are all manufactured to work together.
Also its likely my memory wasnt taken up because my processor couldnt process enough strings to cause a memory leak.

im just assuming my tower is 4x as fast because this is only 2 x 1.8 ghz processors and my tower is 2 x 4 ghz processors

-- Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:06 pm --

I mean on websites 8 characters is the minimum for a password so i didnt bother to check anything less than 8 which gets rid of a large number of combinations.

on certain site you need to have at least one uppercase and one number too which (ironically) limits the number of possibilities more.
KthProg
Poster
Poster

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:15 pm
([msg=72863]see Re: Password List[/msg])

KthProg wrote:lol er it is a work PC from my moms old work and shes the IT person for the IT people lol "senior business analyst" so it might have some upgrades i dont know about lol.

its an HP has centrino duo
only thing i can think of is that the motherboard graphics card processor and memory are all manufactured to work together.
Also its likely my memory wasnt taken up because my processor couldnt process enough strings to cause a memory leak.

im just assuming my tower is 4x as fast because this is only 2 x 1.8 ghz processors and my tower is 2 x 4 ghz processors

-- Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:06 pm --

I mean on websites 8 characters is the minimum for a password so i didnt bother to check anything less than 8 which gets rid of a large number of combinations.

on certain site you need to have at least one uppercase and one number too which (ironically) limits the number of possibilities more.

Even if that is true, it could possibly mean even more outcomes...
If the password minimum is 8 and the maximum is 30, then you have to account for 93^22 instead of 93^8 hash possibilities...
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by KthProg on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:27 pm
([msg=72864]see Re: Password List[/msg])

Maximum is almost always 16-20 and a few of these characters are invalid on almost any site i.e.
<>.,:;'"*=@!\/| are almost always invalid.
but yeah this is definitely not the most practical method.

I think ill stick with trying to optimize a full english dictionary lol.
KthProg
Poster
Poster

Post by -Ninjex- on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:35 pm
([msg=72865]see Re: Password List[/msg])

KthProg wrote:<>.,:;'"*=@!\/| are almost always invalid.

Actually, those are almost always valid for password inputs... I know this because my main password I use for things I really need secure contains capital letters, lower case letters, and symbols... I have never had a site fail with those as password input.

8-20 is even more than the first 93^12 instead of 93^8 :ugeek:
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic