([msg=71002]see Anon vs. Isreal[/msg])

Comments/Discuss:
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Anon vs. Isreal

Post by weekend hacker on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:23 pm
([msg=71012]see Re: Anon vs. Isreal[/msg])

I just spend quite some time talking to an Israeli and getting him to admit that his country possibly brought the current shitstorm on itself and that more bombs will probably not make his life safer. But it seems thats irrelevant and he demands his government do more to stop it and kills more people, preferably anyone in the area where attacks come from and not just those attacking to teach them a lesson, while at the same time taking no responsibility for the governments actions and how outrage about those actions will cause more attacks.

As to anon... I haven't heard anything of this yet, link? Doubt it'll change anything though other then Israel being even better at network security than they already are. And might even change their point of view of hackers (right now, if you didn't plan to do anything evil then hacking is okay)

Neither side is really being decent here, and it seems like all statements made have obvious logical errors. We should possibly call the latest conflict a war on logic. I don't see how things will improve any time soon until both sides(although maybe mainly Israel) stop being illogical and stop using double standards.
If you are more motivated to attack after being bombed, don't assume that those you are bombing will somehow be less motivated to attack you after they are being bombed. Seems simple really.. but apparently its not.

Maybe I'll go watch "you don't mess with the zohan" to remind me how Hollywood solved the issue.
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by limdis on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:10 pm
([msg=71016]see Re: Anon vs. Isreal[/msg])

weekend hacker wrote:As to anon... I haven't heard anything of this yet, link?

Ah where are my manners. Here we go
and
a more recent article
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by floomby on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:08 pm
([msg=71041]see Re: Anon vs. Isreal[/msg])

Isreal needed to do something about Gaza. Hamas had rockets that could reach to Tel Aviv. The Government gave apt warning to civilians about the bombing and the civilians just sat around. Then when the Government dropped bombs in Gaza everyone freaked out.
floomby
New User
New User

Post by tremor77 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:43 pm
([msg=71045]see Re: Anon vs. Isreal[/msg])

I think it would be a bad move for anon. It would only add fuel to the fire that anon is a terrorist organization as opposed to a group that -could possibly- be for freedom, internet rights, etc etc.. When you come to the defense of Hamas you're kind of painting yourself into a corner. I'm not going to say Israel is innocent at all here but, from the perspective of maybe trying to get your group respected, when two equally in the wrong factions are warring mayhap it best be to not take any sides. If I WERE in a position to affect anon ops, I'd focus on teh kiddie pronz, the freedom of information, taking on corporate greed, and maybe helping out Tibet or some exploited regions of Africa (Operation DDoS Forever on De Beers sounds like some positive press).

As for the war between religions - stay out of it, all sides are losers until people can get out of the dark ages and realize there is no god.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Hadra85 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:51 pm
([msg=71046]see Re: Anon vs. Isreal[/msg])

anon claims to have helped with egypt.
i know they are trying to help with this situation as well.

sometimes they are too extreme, but i generally agree with their activism and guts on taking on corrupt government.

heres hoping the violence stops soon.
"What is locked - can be opened.
What is hidden - can be found.
What is yours - can be mine."
Hadra85
New User
New User

Post by tremor77 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:06 pm
([msg=71050]see Re: Anon vs. Isreal[/msg])

Egypt, Libya.. I'd say those are kind of different cases.. it was the people rising up against their government. Technically Hamas is a terrorist organization... And their goal is to kill all Jews. I mean, Goal 1 - have a free and independant state of Palestine.... but Goal 2 - the less publicized one.. destroy Israel. I think that's just a fight I'd want to stay out of.. Maybe they should focus on Syria.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by weekend hacker on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:06 am
([msg=71068]see Re: Anon vs. Isreal[/msg])

I'm not sure if its all that different, does it matter if its your own government oppressing you or the one from a country next to yours?
While you could say that hamas secondary goal is to destroy Israel, you can just as easily say that Israel's secondary goal is to destroy Palestine. Except that one side is doing a much better job at killing and crippling a country then the other. (guess which one)
And lets not forget that hamas is a terrorist organisation simply because the US said so, just like they said that the governments of Libya, Syria and Egypt ware totally stand up guys.
So although hamas is mostly retarded, I can somewhat understand their outrage. Living in the worlds largest concentration camp tends to make people do silly things.(the irony)

And from an anon point of view, Israel likes to shut down internet before they invade, they ware going to shut it down this time aswell. This is not acceptable behaviour, if you're not planning a genocide then you have no business disabling communications.

Not that this will stop Israel from doing so, this conflict is old and filled with sillyness, history repeating itself, a dash of irony and a whole lot of retards. Picking a side in this case is 1000 times worse then deciding during a US election.
But for an anon, its an easy choice: oppose the guys that dare touch the net.
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by EcceGratum on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:11 pm
([msg=71147]see Re: Anon vs. Isreal[/msg])

tremor77 wrote:I mean, Goal 1 - have a free and independant state of Palestine.... but Goal 2 - the less publicized one.. destroy Israel.

Sorry, but this last one is Goal 1. Hamas spends all money on weapons. Because they just want to destroy Israel. They're not building, just destroying.
EcceGratum
New User
New User

Post by weekend hacker on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:15 pm
([msg=71148]see Re: Anon vs. Isreal[/msg])

EcceGratum wrote:Sorry, but this last one is Goal 1. Hamas spends all money on weapons. Because they just want to destroy Israel. They're not building, just destroying.

They can't really build though, cement is one of the many resources not allowed to enter the country. Israel fears they'll use it to build bunkers so it is not permitted.

wikipedia wrote:Construction materials including metal pipes,(4) steel(5) and cement are banned

BTW cease fire might go into affect tomorrow morning following international pressure to stop killing each other.
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Off-Topic