SoI needed a place to vent!

Random things go here

SoI needed a place to vent!

Post by shdwcat on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:24 pm
([msg=70907]see SoI needed a place to vent![/msg])

So I had court today, it goes like this. I have 3 kids with my ex-wife. During the divorce in 2010 I received full custody due to her not even showing up. Now since then the kids and I have not heard anything from her. No mail,emails phone calls I mean nothing. I moved to FL a few months ago and I got child services called on me by my ex-wife. Then I get hit with papers said she wants full custody. I go into this first court appearance and the judge (female) listened to her side and my ex cried. I got asked a question and before I could even finish was told be quite and lets her talk again. Here the kids and I are the victims here, wtf is the judge buying her crap? Now she is getting visitation on Sat. 9am-4pm. I asked for supervised visits and judge said nope. I mentioned the warrant in another country she has on her and it was brushed under the rug. WTF is going on here?!?
shdwcat
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: SoI needed a place to vent!

Post by not_essence2 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:33 pm
([msg=70910]see Re: SoI needed a place to vent![/msg])

Well, it seems that the judge (which I believe you said was female because you felt a possible female-siding-with-other-female situation), if you described her actions completely, either had a sexist notion, circumstantial conditions that she didn't talk about, or decided to listen to the sob story.
Do your children even want to go with your ex-wife?
Anyways, I don't know too much about court, but that is probably violating your right to a fair trial (unless that right is only for criminal charges).
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by Amazingred on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:09 pm
([msg=70913]see Re: SoI needed a place to vent![/msg])

Hate to hear stuff like that man. Unfortunately thats just how it is. My lawyer told me once that in most of the country that unless the mother doesn't want them EVER....the mother is always going to have a huge advantage in a custody case. Actually his exact words were "She could be a crackhead lighting the crack pipe right there at the defendants table in front of the judge and the judge would toss her in jail for possession and then turn to you as the bailiff is taking her away and tell you that you'd better have those children back home with their mother just as soon as she made bail"
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Amazingred
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by shdwcat on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:19 pm
([msg=70914]see Re: SoI needed a place to vent![/msg])

the kids want to see their mom but they only wanted supervised because they all said they do not know her anymore and they need to get used to her. I want the kids to know their mother and they can make up their own minds about it all. I believe I can go and petition for a new judge. I can do this as long as I feel I was treated unfair and in this case I really believe I was. Out of all this I am not mad the kids get to see their mom its the fact of how I was treated by the judge. Females went for equal rights and won, but I feel not they got equal rights they dont want them anymore. (I am not bashing females) but they are to soft for somethings.
shdwcat
New User
New User

Post by not_essence2 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:31 pm
([msg=70916]see Re: SoI needed a place to vent![/msg])

No, when it's like that equal rights are not equal anymore. Good thing you can still take action. What the verdict was is a completely douchebag move.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by Amazingred on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:12 am
([msg=70939]see Re: SoI needed a place to vent![/msg])

you are absolutely correct, you do have that right..but i have a feeling it wont make a difference. i hope i'm wrong and you get a favorable judge. That was a very unfair situation for you but just because the system may be at fault for something, doesn't mean they'll fix it...even if the new judge wanted to he may not be able to.

lightbulb
append.afterthought

Just as an afterthought i read this article on a law firm website a couple years ago that kind of shows how one sided the law can be. Here start reading at the paragraph that starts with "joe beermeister"
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Amazingred
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by xsvMix on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:35 am
([msg=70943]see Re: SoI needed a place to vent![/msg])

Just my two cents, think of your children and try do what is best for them and what they want. Sometimes that is two different things though. Also why does she have a sudden change of heart? From not even pitching for court to wanting full custody, guilt, revenge, there must be a reason. But that's all I got. Hope all goes well mate
xsvMix
New User
New User

Post by not_essence2 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:57 pm
([msg=70960]see Re: SoI needed a place to vent![/msg])

I read that. That. Really. Sucks.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Return to Off-Topic