Hacking Facebook

Random things go here

Hacking Facebook

Post by limdis on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:12 pm
([msg=69740]see Hacking Facebook[/msg])

Oh yeah I got your attention with that title didn't I!

But no seriously this is a rant/opinion thread.
So, those of you on facebook I'm sure have seen people's status updates where it says something like, "HACKED by your sister!" or whatever. In reality it's nothing more than that said individual forgot to sign off on someone's computer. Does this piss anyone else off? I mean come on. That's not hacking. That's just stupidity.

Caveat: There have been a few times where I have testing friends security measures on terms to stay anonymous (as in they don't tell everyone and their mother it was me) and when I post a status update that says something like, "Access gained" so the person can see it, their entire friends list gets terrified of the evil hackers. /waves scary arms

Just gets on my nerves is all. You want to claim to be hacking then when someone actually does it we are all criminals. Anyone else share this frustration?
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hacking Facebook

Post by -Ninjex- on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:33 pm
([msg=69741]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

limdis wrote:Oh yeah I got your attention with that title didn't I!

But no seriously this is a rant/opinion thread.
So, those of you on facebook I'm sure have seen people's status updates where it says something like, "HACKED by your sister!" or whatever. In reality it's nothing more than that said individual forgot to sign off on someone's computer. Does this piss anyone else off? I mean come on. That's not hacking. That's just stupidity.

Caveat: There have been a few times where I have testing friends security measures on terms to stay anonymous (as in they don't tell everyone and their mother it was me) and when I post a status update that says something like, "Access gained" so the person can see it, their entire friends list gets terrified of the evil hackers. /waves scary arms

Just gets on my nerves is all. You want to claim to be hacking then when someone actually does it we are all criminals. Anyone else share this frustration?

I feel the same about this as well xD
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
^(-.^)>
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by WallShadow on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:43 pm
([msg=69742]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

Ya limdis, I feel ya. It's always either people fear you for your abilities and believe that you can 'launch a nuclear war by whistling into a telephone', or they believe that it is awesome and want you to do something impossible like hack the government.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by centip3de on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:52 pm
([msg=69743]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:Ya limdis, I feel ya. It's always either people fear you for your abilities and believe that you can 'launch a nuclear war by whistling into a telephone', or they believe that it is awesome and want you to do something impossible like hack the government.

According to LulzSec and Anonymous (the ones who actually use exploits, not just DDoS (fuck DDoS)), it's not as impossible as you think.

Anyway, I feel you. I've started just commenting on the post and stating that they didn't hack anything, and that they're stupid. It's worked out so far.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by weekend hacker on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:14 pm
([msg=69771]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

People love to shout hacker, if someone is cheating at an online game he's somehow a hacker(really no clue who came up with that bullshit, but it sticked), same if you simply get 3 headshots in a row.

What ever happened to calling things what they ware? Cheater! Idiot! Lucky Bastard!
Thank god I don't have facebook and don't have to deal with that shit as well :P
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WallShadow on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:02 pm
([msg=69774]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

weekend hacker wrote:People love to shout hacker, if someone is cheating at an online game he's somehow a hacker(really no clue who came up with that bullshit, but it sticked), same if you simply get 3 headshots in a row.

Sometimes this is because some games have a history of easily being hacked. Take for example the game Roblox. As childish as it is, I learned how to program from it's scripting engine. The system of the Roblox scripting engine is designed so that the majority of scripts are server-side and are present for all players, however there was also a system of local scripts designed for interfacing with a single player. These local scripts were really only present in weapons and fly/drive tools where you needed to receive the mouse clicks, and key presses of the player. Going 3 or 4 years back, someone found a simple exploit where you enter a server where you receive a weapon and open up cheat engine. The way that local scripts are executed is that they are stored locally and are executed the moment you take your weapon out of your inventory, so it was essential to first drop the weapon so as to stop the execution of the script. Then in cheat engine, you search through the memory for a statement present in nearly all weapon scripts such as "if parent == nil then return end" (or maybe something like that, it's been a few years for me) and you alter part of the script to execute what ever you want it to. Then you simply pick the weapon back up, and the execution of the script restarts with your malicious code injected in it.

Now over the period of a year, word about it got out and skiddies began doing it left and right to the point where one of the most famous and popular games on Roblox never had any clean/non-hacked servers. Eventually it got to be absurd and the devs patched it, but ever since, the idea of a hacker is permanantly linked to the guy who seems to kill you in one hit no matter where you are, even after the game is no longer hackable (though i have heard rumors of dll injections and other stuff being done, that's beside the point).
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:42 am
([msg=69784]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

weekend hacker wrote:People love to shout hacker, if someone is cheating at an online game he's somehow a hacker(really no clue who came up with that bullshit, but it sticked), same if you simply get 3 headshots in a row.

What ever happened to calling things what they ware? Cheater! Idiot! Lucky Bastard!
Thank god I don't have facebook and don't have to deal with that shit as well :P

I remember this from back during Tom Clancy's Raven Shield. Every time someone did really good, "Hacker". Funny thing is if you didn't rage and leave and stuck around you found out some were just using excellent team work and you actually became good and made friends instead of not accepting someone was better than you and leaving. For those that did "hack", they were just using the "hacks" made by someone else. Well, at least most of them were. So, the proper term to yell if you think someone is cheating in the game would be, "SKIDDIE!!!".
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by Theroyoboyo on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:01 am
([msg=69843]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

i agree with limdis nuff said.
If we have brains in our heads and feet in our shoes we can steer our life wherever we chose
- Dr.Suess

Do or don't do there is no try cause if you don't shoot 100% of your shots will be misses
Theroyoboyo
New User
New User

Post by tuxtheevilpenguin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:16 am
([msg=69874]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

Gha I had a roomate that decided to break into another kids facebook, He spent four hours atleast DOXing the kid. Then changed the kids password just to gain acess to the kids account, and defaced the facebook page. He then decided he was now a hacker.
He didn't spoof the IP address, Didn't delete the records of doing this from his computer and on top of that he did all of this while he was on probation. His reason for doing all of this was because he met the kid in high school six years ago and didn't like him.
Yet he decided he was now a l33t hax0r, cause he broke into one facebook account.
tuxtheevilpenguin
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:42 am
([msg=69877]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

tuxtheevilpenguin wrote:Gha I had a roomate that decided to break into another kids facebook, He spent four hours atleast DOXing the kid. Then changed the kids password just to gain acess to the kids account, and defaced the facebook page. He then decided he was now a hacker.
He didn't spoof the IP address, Didn't delete the records of doing this from his computer and on top of that he did all of this while he was on probation. His reason for doing all of this was because he met the kid in high school six years ago and didn't like him.
Yet he decided he was now a l33t hax0r, cause he broke into one facebook account.

I suppose it is exciting the first time you pull something like that off. I could tell a few stories from my younger days lol. The best move for him would be to do the exact same thing to his account and see just how loud he was in gaining access. But if your roommate kept bragging/talking shit that would get highly annoying.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Next

Return to Off-Topic