Please help me some 1 has hacked me

Random things go here

Please help me some 1 has hacked me

Post by BlankID on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:48 am
([msg=67674]see Please help me some 1 has hacked me[/msg])

Please if you have any experience in hacking a ps3 account or retrieving it please help me
yesterday some guy hacked told me he could get me call of duty black ops zombies maps and he asked for my pass and my e-mail so i did give it, then later i couldn't access it he changed my sign-in(email address) and birth-of-date for my psn account i can't change anything. so if you have any knowledge on how-to's please tell me. i'm desperate
BlankID
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Please help me some 1 has hacked me

Post by limdis on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 am
([msg=67675]see Re: Please help me some 1 has hacked me[/msg])

Well let this be a lesson learned. You never never never ever do what you just did. Don't EVER give someone your login credentials! Ok, so from this point you need to try and regain access to your email account. If your password isn't working (and I assume it doesn't) try to use your recover options. Security questions for example. If you have completely lost your email odds are you are proper fucked. I don't have a PS3 but from what I have read your credit card information should be ok because if you login to your account on a different system it asks for your pin number. He shouldn't have that information but I would monitor your card activity and go ahead and change your pin number just to be on the safe side.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by WallShadow on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:00 pm
([msg=67679]see Re: Please help me some 1 has hacked me[/msg])

This is a plain and simple example of manual phishing. You dun goofed!
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mShred on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:25 pm
([msg=67680]see Re: Please help me some 1 has hacked me[/msg])

"Proper fucked" you are, yes. But no, like limdis said, DON'T EVER DO THAT. Damn. You never realized how gullible (stupid) people can be. This guy came asking me to help hack his school and literally just threw his username and password at me without me having to ask. It's ridiculous! But nosrsly, check your recovery options. The 'forgot password' shizz on the ps3 and online. If that doesn't work, I'd call Sony and talk to them personally, but I wouldn't tell them the whole story. Tell them some bull shit like you were giving your password to a friend so he could help you out or some bull shit, and maybe then can reset your password if you can prove that it's your account.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by centip3de on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:39 am
([msg=67694]see Re: Please help me some 1 has hacked me[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:This is a plain and simple example of manual phishing. You dun goofed!

Social engineering, not phishing. <3
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by WallShadow on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:59 am
([msg=67695]see Re: Please help me some 1 has hacked me[/msg])

centip3de wrote:
WallShadow wrote:This is a plain and simple example of manual phishing. You dun goofed!

Social engineering, not phishing. <3

Hmm. now that you mentioned it, couldn't it be both?
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by centip3de on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:35 pm
([msg=67697]see Re: Please help me some 1 has hacked me[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:Hmm. now that you mentioned it, couldn't it be both?

If that guy convinced the OP to send him his user/pass, then it was social engineering. If there was a form that OP put all of his info into, whilst under the belief that it was something else, which then sent it to the "hacker" then is was phishing.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by WallShadow on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:07 pm
([msg=67699]see Re: Please help me some 1 has hacked me[/msg])

centip3de wrote:If that guy convinced the OP to send him his user/pass, then it was social engineering. If there was a form that OP put all of his info into, whilst under the belief that it was something else, which then sent it to the "hacker" then is was phishing.

I guess you're right.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shaqywacky on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:44 pm
([msg=67704]see Re: Please help me some 1 has hacked me[/msg])

I would say phishing is a type of social engineering. Social engineering exploits the person not the machine, which is what phishing does. It exploits the fact that people are used to putting their credentials in a similar form and rarely check it's authenticity (ie being lazy or paying little attention.).
shaqywacky
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:00 pm
([msg=67783]see Re: Please help me some 1 has hacked me[/msg])

shaqywacky wrote:I would say phishing is a type of social engineering. Social engineering exploits the person not the machine, which is what phishing does. It exploits the fact that people are used to putting their credentials in a similar form and rarely check it's authenticity (ie being lazy or paying little attention.).

If you're exploiting the user through a bogus form/login/site etc... that's not considered social. So no, phishing isn't in my eyes a type of social engineering. Quite the opposite, you make an app that tricks people into giving up info so you basically just sit and wait until someone fills the shit out.

+1 for the clarification Cent.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Next

Return to Off-Topic