Expression of hatred for Google Chrome

Random things go here

Re: Expression of hatred for Google Chrome

Post by biOGE4N on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:47 am
([msg=67051]see Re: Expression of hatred for Google Chrome[/msg])

I have somewhat the same story! I was using Firefox at first but then moved to Chrome when it was first launched. It was fast, but was not stable! When after sometime i figured that it is best to stay with the old pal firefox! and moved to it! Then for a longtime it was only firefox until a couple of weeks before i moved to chrome so that if all the crash causing zombies are terminated then i could so stick with chrome! :D But day before yesterday my system started to keep on crashing! All because of GOOGLE chrome! :x So i Again moved back to fiRefOX ;) But this time the others guys are not going to get me again! :| Am gonna stick to firefox from now on! :) GOOGLE CHROME IS FAST BUT NOT STABLE! :evil: FIREFOX MAY NOT BE FAST, BUT IS STABLE! :) And RELiABLE ;) So am gonna stick to stable theory from now on ;) :D
biOGE4N
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by anarchy420x on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:22 am
([msg=67052]see Re: Expression of hatred for Google Chrome[/msg])

biOGE4N wrote:I have somewhat the same story! I was using Firefox at first but then moved to Chrome when it was first launched. It was fast, but was not stable! When after sometime i figured that it is best to stay with the old pal firefox! and moved to it! Then for a longtime it was only firefox until a couple of weeks before i moved to chrome so that if all the crash causing zombies are terminated then i could so stick with chrome! :D But day before yesterday my system started to keep on crashing! All because of GOOGLE chrome! :x So i Again moved back to fiRefOX ;) But this time the others guys are not going to get me again! :| Am gonna stick to firefox from now on! :) GOOGLE CHROME IS FAST BUT NOT STABLE! :evil: FIREFOX MAY NOT BE FAST, BUT IS STABLE! :) And RELiABLE ;) So am gonna stick to stable theory from now on ;) :D

I am really not trying to be rude, but all your smilies make it really distracting to read. Please try to limit it a little. Bright yellow one black is like looking at a black and white picture with a only one object being red. It's hard to look away.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by acevic on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:34 am
([msg=67165]see Re: Expression of hatred for Google Chrome[/msg])

edone automaton wrote:I started using waterfox a few weeks back, its a firefox variant but optimised to run on 64bit systems, which firefox isnt. I have seen some decent speed increases as well as faster startup. And up to now haven't had the 'using too much memory, restart' or whatever it is message that I used to get frequently with firefox. Another good thing is that it automatically imports all your firefox settings and addons etc. if you're running a 64bit system its well worth looking into.<br><br>This brings to mind an article I was reading somewhere a while back about the best firefox variants/ alternatives. I will dig it out and post it up, I think it was in some magazine I have.

Thanks, sounds interesting. I'll be sure to check that out once I get my Alienware shipped lol. Would be great to have a browser optimized for 64 bit systems. I've seen two other variants of Firefox and they look pretty good to me.

mShred wrote:For the people having issues... Recently, the sessions with the HTS Forums have gone kinda wack. If you leave an HTS Forum page up for too long, and endless script will run and continue to eat up everyone's RAM. Make sure you're leaving the page after you're done. Post back here if that helps at all. But along with that, FF and Chrome are both great browsers. I use Firefox because I'm too loyal to let it go, despite everything annoying that has happened to it since FF 4. And Chrome is a damn good fast, lightweight browser. Don't be hatin ma peoplez.

I do agree that HTS is awfully coded and hogs up RAM despite whatever browser you run it on. I have solved the issue with the NoScript addon. I only allow scripts when I need to run them. However, closing HTS did not solve my issue and I have to disagree with you on the quality of Chrome. Chrome may be fast at times but is very erroneous. Firefox wins at any point.

limdis wrote:This. I was just confirming if this was the case. I was running into this problem and was about 80% sure it was due to the forums page being open.

Try NoScript man. It really works.

anarchy420x wrote:I'm running a 64bit system 4gb ram with a wireless internet connection. Internet connection is one floor above me, so I get a moderate signal. I think add on's are cool, but I don't really use them because (from my gaming experience) add on's like to slow systems down. I'm pretty heavy on tabs when I am working or browsing; I probably average 6 open tabs, and peak around 15+. Typically, I leave HTS and FB open, which might be my resource issue. I figured it was FB constantly updating that was hitting so hard, but MShred brought up HTS forums. <br><br>
edone automaton wrote: ...waterfox...
<br><br>I'm going to look into that, thanks.

If you are a gamer, try not to keep tabs open while gaming. 4gb ram is not ample for heavy browsing and gaming at the same time. Try the above solution for HTS. It worked for me.

centip3de wrote:I can't talk about Google Chrome per se, but I can talk about Chromium, the original 'Google Chrome'. In all honesty, I've never had a problem with it on either Windows or Linux and my computer is about 5 years old now with mid-range specs.

Never tried Chromium. Will check it out sometime, thanks.

biOGE4N wrote:I have somewhat the same story! I was using Firefox at first but then moved to Chrome when it was first launched. It was fast, but was not stable! When after sometime i figured that it is best to stay with the old pal firefox! and moved to it! Then for a longtime it was only firefox until a couple of weeks before i moved to chrome so that if all the crash causing zombies are terminated then i could so stick with chrome! :D But day before yesterday my system started to keep on crashing! All because of GOOGLE chrome! :x So i Again moved back to fiRefOX ;) But this time the others guys are not going to get me again! :| Am gonna stick to firefox from now on! :) GOOGLE CHROME IS FAST BUT NOT STABLE! :evil: FIREFOX MAY NOT BE FAST, BUT IS STABLE! :) And RELiABLE ;) So am gonna stick to stable theory from now on ;) :D

-_-'

Replies apart, I have been using FF head on and find that it's an awesome combo with NoScript and the developer toolkit. I'll make another post on FF addon collections for people of our category. Additionally, I joined the Firefox visual design team and will be contributing new interface suggestions. For those of you who are interested, join the Firefox team. The guys at Mozilla are awesome, helpful and very knowledgeable. It's a great learning experience and a great place to build a portfolio.
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Post by mShred on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:45 pm
([msg=67270]see Re: Expression of hatred for Google Chrome[/msg])

acevic wrote:I do agree that HTS is awfully coded and hogs up RAM despite whatever browser you run it on.

Whoa whoa, no one ever said that. I said that recently, a change has sparked that inconvenience. HTS DOES NOT hog up RAM. Leaving the script running does. Either way, that will be fixed momentarily. So I'd encourage people to post back here if their browsers have either continued or ceased to crash.
EDIT: Should be fixed now.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by centip3de on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:00 pm
([msg=67273]see Re: Expression of hatred for Google Chrome[/msg])

mShred wrote:Whoa whoa, no one ever said that. I said that recently, a change has sparked that inconvenience. HTS DOES NOT hog up RAM. Leaving the script running does. Either way, that will be fixed momentarily. So I'd encourage people to post back here if their browsers have either continued or ceased to crash.

The only problem I've had with HTS and my browser (Chromium/Google Chrome), is that occasionally I'll get a "RECEIVED EMPTY RESPONSE" or "DIDN'T RECEIVE RESPONSE" error, but when I refresh, it loads (usually, it'll occasionally take multiple times of refreshing)) but from what I can tell, this is usually in high traffic times, thus causing the response to my browser to take a bit longer than usual. And, for those who didn't know, Chrome is really antsy. That is, if a response doesn't come very soon, it'll claim that it doesn't exist or the it received an empty response, or whatever (also the reason it's so fast). So, from what I can tell that's on my end.

EDIT:

I happened to get this soon after writing this, and took a screenshot.

http://imgur.com/QNedy
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Previous

Return to Off-Topic