Online Work for Money

Random things go here

Online Work for Money

Post by filosfer on Sun May 13, 2012 6:33 am
([msg=66302]see Online Work for Money[/msg])

hey guys, i heard there lots of activities online for money, like torrent uploading, or videos uploading .. and publication etc ... but dont know where to start these .. please tell me where i can start some online job,, also give me some links .. if you know some sites .. thanks
filosfer
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Online Work for Money

Post by pretentious on Mon May 14, 2012 1:12 am
([msg=66311]see Re: Online Work for Money[/msg])

I make $432.68 a DAY!! I work from home and i'm a single mom struggling in this precarious economy, thankfully i tried this new money making idea. I want to share this money making idea with everyone because if everyone is doing it, everyone will make up to $432.68 a day and the economy will get back on its feet in no time. this money making idea requires no skill, only an internet connection and some spare time!!! i've got so much cash ans spare time i'm going to try and invent a simple old, weird tip to loose fate and look 20 years younger.

in all seriousness, i'm curious too
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anarchy420x on Mon May 14, 2012 2:39 am
([msg=66312]see Re: Online Work for Money[/msg])

pretentious wrote:I make $432.68 a DAY!! I work from home and i'm a single mom struggling in this precarious economy, thankfully i tried this new money making idea. I want to share this money making idea with everyone because if everyone is doing it, everyone will make up to $432.68 a day and the economy will get back on its feet in no time. this money making idea requires no skill, only an internet connection and some spare time!!! i've got so much cash ans spare time i'm going to try and invent a simple old, weird tip to loose fate and look 20 years younger.

in all seriousness, i'm curious too

There are many ways to make money online. They do take investment, loss, and intelligence. A few examples are SEO, Affiliate Marketing, and professional website design.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by WallShadow on Mon May 14, 2012 3:54 pm
([msg=66314]see Re: Online Work for Money[/msg])

Cool, but could anyone please get more specific? I have personally been lightly researching this topic myself for the past year or so but couldn't find anything besides scams.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by limdis on Mon May 14, 2012 9:17 pm
([msg=66317]see Re: Online Work for Money[/msg])

Because searching for online jobs will land you in a scam just about as fast as it would take to catch Aids sleeping around in Africa without a condom on, you don't want to search that way lol.

Look for job postings on legitimate company/corporation websites. If you see anything that looks like either customer service representative or product order processing those will in some cases be online positions. I know a family member that has an online position with product processing. He takes in orders from the website and contacts the manufacturer of the specific product with the order to be delivered. Basically he is a middle man. Twice a week he has an online meeting to discuss numbers and other such details.Pay isn't bad, but it's nothing you will get rich off of. You could always play the stock market too...
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by acevic on Tue May 15, 2012 3:58 am
([msg=66321]see Re: Online Work for Money[/msg])

filosfer wrote:hey guys, i heard there lots of activities online for money, like torrent uploading, or videos uploading .. and publication etc ... but dont know where to start these .. please tell me where i can start some online job,, also give me some links .. if you know some sites .. thanks

Making money is not easy be it online or offline. PERIOD.

Avoid affiliate programs, "Get paid to click" programs and uploading programs, they tend to be fraudulent most of the time. Having said that, I would suggest the best way to make money initially. Acquire a skill such as coding or design or even writing articles, get on one of the hundreds of freelancer sites out there and start working. I would recommend Odesk, Elance and Guru as I feel these are the most secure websites to get work on (Payment guaranteed). Start learning, work hard and start earning. Good luck!
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Post by goluhaque on Tue May 15, 2012 8:50 am
([msg=66323]see Re: Online Work for Money[/msg])

acevic wrote:
filosfer wrote:hey guys, i heard there lots of activities online for money, like torrent uploading, or videos uploading .. and publication etc ... but dont know where to start these .. please tell me where i can start some online job,, also give me some links .. if you know some sites .. thanks

Making money is not easy be it online or offline. PERIOD.

Avoid affiliate programs, "Get paid to click" programs and uploading programs, they tend to be fraudulent most of the time. Having said that, I would suggest the best way to make money initially. Acquire a skill such as coding or design or even writing articles, get on one of the hundreds of freelancer sites out there and start working. I would recommend Odesk, Elance and Guru as I feel these are the most secure websites to get work on (Payment guaranteed). Start learning, work hard and start earning. Good luck!

Add vWorker. And scriptlance. Worked at both of these places. Esp at vWorker. Many employers are foolish to pay more than the normal. I got 600$ for setting up a bi-lingual Joomla site. @OP: You could also try for lower-end jobs, esp when you are starting.There are some jobs which give you like 5$ for removing whitespaces from a HTML page. Yeah, 5$. Or mebbe I was lucky.

Anyway, avevic's right. Earning money is never generally easy. The competition in freelancing is HUGE. You gotta build up your rep, your ratings, get some kind of portfolio etc. for the bigger jobs. Takes a lot of time and you have to be ready to respond at the employer's response. Difference in time-zones sucks BIG time. Have multiple jobs(freelanced ones) at the same time? Sucks all the more. Be ready for lesser than 5 hour sleep-hours, esp if you are still in school/college.
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Post by acevic on Wed May 16, 2012 1:27 am
([msg=66345]see Re: Online Work for Money[/msg])

goluhaque wrote:Add vWorker. And scriptlance. Worked at both of these places. Esp at vWorker. Many employers are foolish to pay more than the normal. I got 600$ for setting up a bi-lingual Joomla site. @OP: You could also try for lower-end jobs, esp when you are starting.There are some jobs which give you like 5$ for removing whitespaces from a HTML page. Yeah, 5$. Or mebbe I was lucky.

Anyway, avevic's right. Earning money is never generally easy. The competition in freelancing is HUGE. You gotta build up your rep, your ratings, get some kind of portfolio etc. for the bigger jobs. Takes a lot of time and you have to be ready to respond at the employer's response. Difference in time-zones sucks BIG time. Have multiple jobs(freelanced ones) at the same time? Sucks all the more. Be ready for lesser than 5 hour sleep-hours, esp if you are still in school/college.

golahaque, thank you for pointing out a major problem I forgot to address. Odesk, E-lance and Guru are highly competitive areas, now getting very difficult for beginners to enter. Build a portfolio on sites with lower popularity and then refer to that when you move to higher competition such as Odesk. I still recommend the above three sites since they are the most secure in terms of payment guarantee. I am looking into vWorker and Scriptlance...looks okay to me, will test it sometime.
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Post by goluhaque on Fri May 18, 2012 10:33 am
([msg=66419]see Re: Online Work for Money[/msg])

acevic wrote:golahaque, thank you for pointing out a major problem I forgot to address. Odesk, E-lance and Guru are highly competitive areas, now getting very difficult for beginners to enter. Build a portfolio on sites with lower popularity and then refer to that when you move to higher competition such as Odesk. I still recommend the above three sites since they are the most secure in terms of payment guarantee. I am looking into vWorker and Scriptlance...looks okay to me, will test it sometime.

DUDE, goluhaque, firstly.

Odesk's too elite for beginners and amateurs, I guess. But freelancing, personally, was a BIG experience, BIG(read HUGE BIG GINORMOUS). I learnt multiple things on the go, like server auditing, malware removal, importance of proper version control and review etc., and that was when I was an amateur at PHP/CSS/Jscript/Jquery etc. If you have free time on your hands, go for it.
(23:45:03) hauk: I guess you are over the best part of your life when 4-year-olds say "Are you an evil man?"
(23:46:19) hauk: and "Ima punch you in the pecker"
goluhaque
Poster
Poster

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri May 18, 2012 12:43 pm
([msg=66421]see Re: Online Work for Money[/msg])

At my previous job I have hired people from freelance.com for graphic design which still work for the company. Mostly you can find contract work. I'd imagine it would be hard to find a full-time job working online from home. I'm sure it does exist though. As mentioned before the hardest part is getting started because people are always trying to undercut with prices they charge and expertise.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Next

Return to Off-Topic